He who was promised is coming

Young Wolf

1 hour ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

I'm not sure what is more terrifying,  

"Adult" Mav  or the thought that YW might be attempting to use Mav to take over and impose his diabolical will on the board.

I’m not sure Mav even knows what he would do with the account.  He just likes the idea of being a Moderator.  

But you will be happy to know that the wife has more influence over him than I do.

29 minutes ago, Young Wolf said:

I’m not sure Mav even knows what he would do with the account.  He just likes the idea of being a Moderator.  

But you will be happy to know that the wife has more influence over him than I do.

Now I’m worried about her diabolical plans :devil:

Oh shit!

. . . .

Well, I'm a man of my word.

(I'll need Mav to email me (or someone to convey his email address to me) so I can transfer the Baby Maverick account.)

P.S.

Is it not crazy that this is happening at the same time Top Gun: Maverick premiered? And has Mav seen his namesake in action?

I don't have knowledge of this young man the way you all do but I do remember when his birth was announced on this board because of the then unusual name.

Maverick has been steadily increasing as a name for boys in the USA ever since he was born. In 2021 there were 6,930 Mavericks born in the United States and it's now up to 52nd on my list which adds spellings pronounced the same together. If he can just get together all the Mavericks who've been born the last 20 years, he'd have quite an army to help him with his take over. :)

2 hours ago, Ormond said:

I don't have knowledge of this young man the way you all do but I do remember when his birth was announced on this board because of the then unusual name.

:)

Very nice. Out of curiosity, what do records say of the name before and after the release of Top Gun in 1986?

28 minutes ago, Ran said:

Very nice. Out of curiosity, what do records say of the name before and after the release of Top Gun in 1986?

Thanks for asking!

Here are the number of boys named Maverick born in the USA according to SSA for the years 1984-1997:

1984: 6

1985: 16

1986: 19

1987: 44

1988: 48

1989: 54

1990: 75

1991: 88

1992: 76

1993: 101

1994: 128

1995: 148

1996: 167

1997: 189

So it looks to me like "Top Gun" did have an effect.  It seems to have started the name on its rise. The Mel Gibson "Maverick" film in 1994 coincided with the name getting into the top 1000 list, but may not have been as big a factor as I originally thought. 

6 hours ago, Ran said:

Oh shit!

. . . .

Well, I'm a man of my word.

(I'll need Mav to email me (or someone to convey his email address to me) so I can transfer the Baby Maverick account.)

P.S.

Is it not crazy that this is happening at the same time Top Gun: Maverick premiered? And has Mav seen his namesake in action?

BAN HIM! BAN HIM!

On 5/25/2022 at 9:22 PM, Jaxom 1974 said:

Yeah.  That kid is supposed to still be in diapers or something...WHAT. THE. EFF?

I’ll have you know Mav will be entering HIGH SCHOOL in the fall and I am NOT okay and old AF. 

15 minutes ago, Mya Stone said:

I’ll have you know Mav will be entering HIGH SCHOOL in the fall and I am NOT okay and old AF. 

Ha.

I understand. Even if Little Jax is still a little shy of that. Is Bran in 6th next year, or are you in a funky cut off date place?

Archived