Watched, Watched, Watching: Saltier Things Part One

Corvinus85

Continue Actually don't.

Looking forward to a packed weekend between the first 2 episodes of Kenobi, Stranger Things, and the new Top Gun.

Anyone watched the new show with JK Simmons on Amazon, Night Sky? I only watched the 1st episode. Solid acting, as expected, the story didn't quite grab me. I'll probably watch more when I have time.

I am also looking forward to Top Gun 2 again... Seeing how I booked another IMAX seat for today right before I have to catch my plane :D

Aside from that I just want to say @RumHam 

If Mean Girls taught me anything, it's that this isn't always the case. Also look both ways.

Brilliant comment, you won the last thread for me with this one.

56 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

Anyone watched the new show with JK Simmons on Amazon, Night Sky? I only watched the 1st episode. Solid acting, as expected, the story didn't quite grab me. I'll probably watch more when I have time.

Turned it off after half an hour. Great performances, sure, but it's just so grim and depressing. And pretty boring too. 

2 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Turned it off after half an hour. Great performances, sure, but it's just so grim and depressing. And pretty boring too. 

There was a development right at the end of the episode that is meant to be the hook and why I may continue watching.

1 hour ago, Corvinus85 said:

Continue Actually don't.

Looking forward to a packed weekend between the first 2 episodes of Kenobi, Stranger Things, and the new Top Gun.

Those are the right answers. I need to get caught up on Stranger Things. As in: I've never seen it.

Shoresy. Strange New Worlds. I might see Top Gun. 

Is there any word on season 2 of Foundation? Yellowjackets? 

55 minutes ago, Veltigar said:

I am also looking forward to Top Gun 2 again... Seeing how I booked another IMAX seat for today right before I have to catch my plane :D

You'll be flying into the danger zone before hopefully not flying into the danger zone. Your plane likely doesn't have an after burner but if you ask nicely the pilot might do some rolls. Have the stewardess ask for you or the TSA might get involved and you'll end up on tik tok. 

I'm trying to be positive this morning. 

Hundreds of pages of discussion regarding the finale await you a couple subforums up. You're being intentionally obtuse and it mucked up the last thread. 

I don't think I'll ever finish The Batman. One of the negatives of watching a far-overlong movie at home is the ease of moving on. I thought it was about as dull as it could get. The first Batmobile chase was the least compelling chase scene I can recall. After awhile it felt like one of those Peter Griffin fights from The Family Guy. 

It's also the first time I've ever thought Jeffrey Wright was disappointing. I don't even know how far in I got. Two hours? One of my friends had stated on release it was the best Batman property. I did like that the Batcave was in the city and not out on an isolated Wayne Manor.

16 minutes ago, Argonath Diver said:

Hundreds of pages of discussion regarding the finale await you a couple subforums up. You're being intentionally obtuse and it mucked up the last thread.

Discussion of the finale was happening long before I got involved. To be honest, I had no interest in participating, but then one poster said something so asinine that I had to say something. If you want to blame anyone for mucking up the last thread, you can start with that poster.

Just now, Dragon in the North said:

Discussion of the finale was happening long before I got involved. To be honest, I had no interest in participating, but then one poster said something so asinine that I had to say something. If you want to blame anyone for mucking up the last thread, you can start with that poster.

Was it me? Wow, sorry guys, I feel pretty guilty now. I went to bed and 8 hours later the conversation was still happening. I didn't think there was very much controversial about saying the end of Game of Thrones was not well received! 

Watching, well really mostly listening, via the Washington Post, to a live Q&A with David Simon on policing's evolution of corruption and laziness via the 'drug war' and We Own This City.  Quite appropo to what the cops did and didn't do in Uvalde.

3 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Is there any word on season 2 of .... Yellowjackets?

I saw an article a week or so ago saying they were writing and hoped to start shooting in august.

Despite its initial promise, I have to say I'm disappointed in We Own This City. It's leaned so very hard into the scenes of the Justice Department and Internal Affairs questioning imprisoned corrupt cops... and then going back and showing us what they're talking about. I applaud Simon's conviction on informing viewers and showing the truth and the process by which it was reached, but it lacks drama. And drama is, traditionally, what dramas are supposed to provide. This probably would have made more sense as an incisive documentary.

And Tokyo Vice, which wrapped recently-ish, was also disappointing as it went very obvious and cliché directions in the last couple of episodes after its initial promise. It never really hit the highs of that pilot episode. I don't know if HBO will order a second season or not, and indeed after nearly a month it feels like it may be on the bubble. 

OTOH, I've been pretty happy with the return of Hacks. And Better Call Saul was an excellent first half of its final season. Finally, Love, Death, + Robots and its 3rd volume was very good, with an episode directed by David Fincher, adaptations of stories by Bruce Sterling and Neal Asher, and another jaw-dropping bit of animation from Alberto Mielgo and his team.

21 minutes ago, Quijote Light said:

RRR?

RRR

The one disappointment is that the Netflix version only has the Hindi dub, not the original Telugu. I'll have to buy the film at some point to see the OG, but it doesn't distract from the briliantly OTT action or anything. 

Ray Liotta died, may have to watch some of his work again in remembrance.  The man was a narrator almost on par with Morgan Freeman, well maybe not on par but damn good in his own right.

2 hours ago, polishgenius said:

RRR

The one disappointment is that the Netflix version only has the Hindi dub, not the original Telugu. I'll have to buy the film at some point to see the OG, but it doesn't distract from the briliantly OTT action or anything. 

Thank you. 

2 hours ago, dbunting said:

Ray Liotta died, may have to watch some of his work again in remembrance.  

Aye. Gonna pay tribute by watching Goodfellas for the thousandth time at the weekend.

Archived