Watched, Watched, Watching: Saltier Things Part One

Corvinus85

11 hours ago, williamjm said:

I realise that if you've just seen Buffy then the idea of a spin-off series focused on Angel might not seem all that appealing but I think overall it's probably the stronger show so I would recommend giving it a try at some point.

9 hours ago, Werthead said:

Yeah, Angel is certainly the more consistent show and doesn't have the weak spots that Buffy has, whilst probably matching its strongest moments.

Generally I would be skeptical, but since you all convinced me 

9 hours ago, Luzifer's right hand said:

Sadly streaming content varies between countries.

Disney+ has all seasons of Buffy and Angel here in Austria for example.

Prime has the SD version in the German dub...:ack:

Disney+ is my main streaming service now because it has a lot old stuff in the OV. I freaking love Golden Girls for example.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:  that is just… cruel.
Fine. Fine. I guess I’ll just have to see if vpn or a train ticket is the cheaper option. My oh my… the problems I have in life, right? :lol: 

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Fine. Fine. I guess I’ll just have to see if vpn or a train ticket is the cheaper option. My oh my… the problems I have in life, right? :lol: 

You could always get the DVDs!

I watched Beavis and Butt-Head Do the Universe last night.  It was pretty much perfect, and honestly may have been funnier than their previous feature film romp, Do America.  The sequence where they learn about white privilege after stumbling into a college classroom is pure genius. 

The clip cuts out a few of the better jokes, but you get the idea.

If you like the previous film, or Mike Judge stuff in general, I have to imagine you'll enjoy this.  Much like Do America, Do the Universe is best enjoyed in the right state of mind, if you know what I mean.  

Because it was on tv last night I caught the last half of When Harry met Sally, and I still think it’s probably the best romantic comedy ever created. Everything about it is pitch perfect, every line is immaculately written and performed. I could take any scene from that movie and declare it a classic.

Rom Coms are a genre I usually avoid, but on the very rare occcasion they are well made they end up being some of my favourites. 

56 minutes ago, briantw said:

I watched Beavis and Butt-Head Do the Universe last night.  

I knew I was saving that free seven day trial of Paramount+ for a reason. 

Bong is packed and away we go (came here to talk about S4 of Rick and Morty, but this is more important).

The Man from Toronto

Goofy light entertainment but pretty good actually. I laughed several times. There was a scene that reminded me of the church massacre in Kingsman and it was kind of amazing actually. It was definitely more worthwhile than some of the other Netflix originals I've seen recently. *cough* Red Notice *cough*. *cough* Adam Project *cough* *cough* *cough*

I'd say give this one a spin. 

15 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Bong is packed and away we go (came here to talk about S4 of Rick and Morty, but this is more important).

You're in for a treat.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

I mentioned this in the Star Trek thread, but when you go to cancel the trial they should offer you another free month.

5 hours ago, briantw said:

One where streaming is increasingly fragmented, and shows can disappear from the service you're using part way through watching them, or not be available at all in your country? Yes, actual DVDs should be obsolete, but Buffy hasn't been released on blu-ray yet, let alone 4K disc.

4 hours ago, briantw said:

You're in for a treat.

What an absolutely ridiculous movie. If you liked the first one, you'll like this one too.

Also, King of the Hill is available on Prime.  

3 hours ago, RumHam said:

I mentioned this in the Star Trek thread, but when you go to cancel the trial they should offer you another free month.

It really doesn't cost them anything. 

Time to check out The Stand.

43 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

What an absolutely ridiculous movie. If you liked the first one, you'll like this one too.

Mike Judge doesn't have many misses on his resume.  Extract, maybe?  I know I've seen it but I remember absolutely nothing about it, which probably doesn't bode well for its quality.  I remember all his other shows and movies that I've watched. 

20 minutes ago, briantw said:

Mike Judge doesn't have many misses on his resume.  Extract, maybe?  I know I've seen it but I remember absolutely nothing about it, which probably doesn't bode well for its quality.  I remember all his other shows and movies that I've watched. 

R.I.P.D., but that was just a paycheck. Found this looking through his IMBD:

We played frog ball one summer at camp when the things were overrunning the place. 

1 minute ago, DMC said:

Extract certainly wasn't great but I enjoyed it enough.  Mila Kunis and Kristen Wiig help.

I suppose the fact that I don't remember much of anything about it also attests that it wasn't offensively bad.  Just forgettable to the point that I never had any desire to watch it again, unlike all of Judge's other stuff.  

There are a few things from him I haven't seen, though, so maybe those aren't great either.

1 minute ago, briantw said:

Just forgettable to the point that I never had any desire to watch it again, unlike all of Judge's other stuff.  

Yeah, that sounds about right.

4 hours ago, briantw said:

I suppose the fact that I don't remember much of anything about it also attests that it wasn't offensively bad.  Just forgettable to the point that I never had any desire to watch it again, unlike all of Judge's other stuff.  

There are a few things from him I haven't seen, though, so maybe those aren't great either.

Highly recommend “Tales from the Tour Bus” - it’s not the scripted hilarious Mike Judge, but damn, it is entertaining. Interviews and animated vignettes of crazy times in music.

Archived