What if Khal Drogo's Khalasar captured King's Landing and made Rhaego the King on the Iron Throne?

Jonsa

2 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Robert admitted that the lords of Westeros would hide behind their walls and wail like women at the arrival of the Dothraki. The lords of Westeros will soul their pants and faint with fright as soon as the Dothraki starts to attack. Especially the small folk that make up 90 percent of their army.

Ah, yes, because a man on a wall definitely is afraid of a bunch of horse people riding around outside his high, thick stone walls. The only real people who will suffer will be the smallfolk who farm, fish and produce stuff, and the only thing she'll get is a reputation for the girl with a bunch of "savages." 

As for Robert, he was worried about Viserys and how the lords would react. His only thoughts for Dany was killing her and her brother. 

Do read the book, if you please. 

On 5/31/2022 at 12:06 PM, Moiraine Sedai said:

Power is authority. The lords and ladies can scream all they want. It will be the last noise they make before the arakhs grants them the gift of silence.  Liking Drogo isn’t important. Just the will to live.  

Aerys had a similar way of thinking. How well did that work out for him?

Robert's victory over Rhaegar was not what put him on the iron throne.  It was the fall of Kingslanding and the death of King Aerys.  Drogo has taken Kingslanding and killed the Lannister boy king.  He does that and he controls the kingdom.  The high lords will have little choice but to dip their banners and surrender to King Rhaego.  Those who refuse can look forward to hardship, loss of property, and loss of men.  The Dothraki just took Kingslanding.  That means they can do the same to Winterfell, River Run, and any other castle.  Those inside the castle will be eating shoe leather soup after they have eaten all the rats inside.  Most of them would rather bend their knees to Daenerys and her son. 

I prefer George Martin's novel because Daenerys has three dragons.  She will have most of the Dothraki on her side.  She has her Unsullied as well as the men who are still in training.  Daenerys is in a much better position in the real story. 

On 5/29/2022 at 2:43 PM, Targaryen Restoration said:

Something smells like fish!!!!.  Very fishy.  @Jonsa wants to encourage Anti-Dothraki and Anti-Dany discussion.  I will do the opposite and post Pro-Dothraki because I am a fan of Dany. 

The people of the city will gladly open its gates and turn in the Lannisters to Dany.  The people will do this because she will be seen as the Targaryen heir to Westeros.  Rhaego is her son and heir.  It matters not who his father is.  As long as he is the biological son of Princess Daenerys Targaryen.  The Dothraki will go through an adjustment after having seen the Sept and all the great things that their Khaleesi's ancestors have built.  The dynamic between Dany and Drogo will change after they enter the city.  I see Drogo bowing to his royal wife. 

Sansa will either be returned to Starks, unmarried.  She may be married off to one of the higher ranking blood brothers of the Khal, if she should find favor in his eyes.  The one most like to happen, Sansa is married to one of the many young lordlings who will help Dany's cause.  The only value to pacifying Robb is to stop the north from further warring and raiding.  The Starks have lost their home and their castle.  It will be Robb who will be asking for a favor.  I would marry Sansa to Jorah.  It's not as if Robb could do anything about it. 

The throne and the rulership of Westeros belongs to Daenerys and from her to Rhaego.  The people will accept that. 

Sansa will be given back if the Starks behave.  She will be held hostage if Robb decides to be stubborn. 

On 5/31/2022 at 10:35 PM, frenin said:

Robb wanted to invade with whatever Baratheon brother who accepted his deal but he absolutely refused to swear realty to either.

Or in layman's terms, Robb tagging alone in killing Lannisters ≠ Robb bending the knee.

I mean, the powers on the Iron Throne have now changed completely.

14 hours ago, Vaegon the dragonless said:

Not if she is backed by a horde of savage and before Renly's death she could only really count on Dorne, even after its not clear the amount of support for a Targaryen.

2nd largest army after Renly's on Westeros goes a long way to reinforcing a claim on the throne.

16 hours ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

No. Drogo is a warrior, not a politician, not a ruler.  The only government position Drogo would hold is the stablemaster. 

The reason the US and Soviet Union didn't nuke each other was because of mutually assured destruction, and the fact that no one wants to rule a scorched parking lot. 

Besides, Dothraki can't fight in siege conditions. It was literally stated in the first book, but you can keep your delusions. 

How about Lord Protector of the Realm and Master of the Horse?

5 hours ago, Jonsa said:

I mean, the powers on the Iron Throne have now changed completely.

2nd largest army after Renly's on Westeros goes a long way to reinforcing a claim on the throne.

How about Lord Protector of the Realm and Master of the Horse?

The second army is only any good if they win, and I am not convinced that the Dothraki would beat a similar sized Westerosi army, I would even give it to a weaker Westerosi army actually. The Dothraki seem to only have two kind of warriors, mounted archers and riders, both dont wear armour. Westerosi archer's would decimate them, Pikemen would be a wall they could not pass and if the heavy lances and Knight manage to connect with the Dothraki they would destroy them. At least I think they would.

5 hours ago, Jonsa said:

Aerys did not have the 2nd largest army in Westeros after Renly's.

Actually you could argue that Aerys had the biggest army in Westeros, he had part of the Stormlands, Riverlands and Vale on is side, the whole of Dorne and the Reach. At the Trident the army's where of similar size but Aerys had a second army sieging Storm's End, we dont know the size of that army but I dont think it is unreasonnable to belive that it was at least of a similar size to the one at the Trident since we do not know of any important Reach lord at the Trident, so they most likely stayed behind.

On 5/27/2022 at 4:21 AM, Jonsa said:

P.S. Khal Drogo re-legalizes slavery in Westeros after capturing King's Landing.

Daenerys is the Targaryen in that marriage. In Westeros, her words are law. She will not allow slavery in Westeros.

I believe you, Jonsa, are attempting to stir up trouble for Daenerys. But the threat of slavery will actually make the remainder of Westeros easier to conquer. You see, in war, many prisoners will be taken. It can happen to anybody. The commoners will be in fear. The first thing they will do is negotiate a deal with the Dothraki. They throw down their weapons in a deal to avoid slavery. Like Pentos paying the Dothraki not to be sacked and enslaved. The commons will be like, “Here, take my lord instead. We give up. Don’t make us slaves. Here, take Robb and do as you wish. We just wanna go home.” The Dothraki will take that deal. 

On 6/2/2022 at 1:58 AM, Bowen Marsh said:

The throne and the rulership of Westeros belongs to Daenerys and from her to Rhaego.  The people will accept that. 

Sansa will be given back if the Starks behave.  She will be held hostage if Robb decides to be stubborn. 

Robb would be wise to support the Targaryen rule.  The Starks are in a very bad way.  They lost Ned, the North, and Winterfell.  The Karstarks are pissed because Robb murdered their father. Barbrey Dustin is just waiting for her time to pounce on the Starks to get her revenge.  Robb will do as he pleases but a wiser man would support the Targaryen rule and make friends with the Dothraki.  They are the only ones who can help him take back Winterfell.  Sansa is expendable.  Rhaego would not have to agree to the marriage to get a reasonable person to cooperate.

The matter of slavery is significant.  It can make the job of conquest harder but it can also make it easier.  The advantage for Team Targaryen is Drogo doesn't speak the Common Tongue.  It will be Daenerys and Barristan who will be doing the  negotiating.  Dany will say the right things to win the people over to her side.  She can give assurances that they will not be enslaved if they go back to their farms.  The people will be willing to turn their backs on their lords to avoid any risks of ending up on the slave markets. 

Stannis has loyal supporters though. They will stick with him to the end.  The Starks are one of those Baratheon supporters.  I'm afraid it may be necessary to wipe out the Starks if Robb continues to support the Baratheons.  I am fine with wiping out the Starks though.  I like Lady Dustin.  The Starks treated her with a lack of sensitivity. 

On 5/29/2022 at 10:39 AM, Lord Lannister said:

Ironically a foreign barbarian horde conquering King's Landing could be the one thing that unites the Seven Kingdoms in resisting them. At least for awhile.

I disagree.  It's not a barbarian horde.  It's an army whose purpose is to return the Seven Kingdoms to Targaryen rule.  Which the majority would welcome after the debacle that was the Baratheons.  

If you want to discuss the topic of a barbarian invasion uniting a kingdom, one should look no further than the north.  The wildling savages entered the north and are about to cause problems.  That will unite the north behind the Boltons.  

23 hours ago, Roswell said:

Robb would be wise to support the Targaryen rule.  The Starks are in a very bad way.  They lost Ned, the North, and Winterfell.  The Karstarks are pissed because Robb murdered their father. Barbrey Dustin is just waiting for her time to pounce on the Starks to get her revenge.  Robb will do as he pleases but a wiser man would support the Targaryen rule and make friends with the Dothraki.  They are the only ones who can help him take back Winterfell.  Sansa is expendable.  Rhaego would not have to agree to the marriage to get a reasonable person to cooperate.

The Starks are no longer the leading house in the north.  That's right, they don't even a home in the north anymore.  Sansa can be married away to a hedge knight.  Rhaego's social status is higher than Sansa's.  He's part Targaryen. He's too good for such a match.

25 minutes ago, Rondo said:

The Starks are no longer the leading house in the north.  That's right, they don't even a home in the north anymore.  Sansa can be married away to a hedge knight.  Rhaego's social status is higher than Sansa's.  He's part Targaryen. He's too good for such a match.

Rhaego is a dead lizard.

1 hour ago, Rondo said:

I disagree.  It's not a barbarian horde.  It's an army whose purpose is to return the Seven Kingdoms to Targaryen rule.  Which the majority would welcome after the debacle that was the Baratheons.  

If you want to discuss the topic of a barbarian invasion uniting a kingdom, one should look no further than the north.  The wildling savages entered the north and are about to cause problems.  That will unite the north behind the Boltons.  

You can split hairs over the label of army vs barbarian horde, but that's how the people in the Seven Kingdoms would view the Dothraki. When they start pillaging and raping villages(and cities if they can get in), that will only serve to reinforce that label.

Beyond that it feels like you're presenting subjective desires as a fan as fact in the case of the Seven Kingdoms wanting to unite under Targaryen rule and the North uniting behind the Boltons. 

Feels like it's up there with Viserys' believe in secret Targaryen loyalists drinking secret toasts to him. 

On 5/29/2022 at 2:43 PM, Targaryen Restoration said:

Something smells like fish!!!!.  Very fishy.  @Jonsa wants to encourage Anti-Dothraki and Anti-Dany discussion.  I will do the opposite and post Pro-Dothraki because I am a fan of Dany. 

The people of the city will gladly open its gates and turn in the Lannisters to Dany.  The people will do this because she will be seen as the Targaryen heir to Westeros.  Rhaego is her son and heir.  It matters not who his father is.  As long as he is the biological son of Princess Daenerys Targaryen.  The Dothraki will go through an adjustment after having seen the Sept and all the great things that their Khaleesi's ancestors have built.  The dynamic between Dany and Drogo will change after they enter the city.  I see Drogo bowing to his royal wife. 

The people inside the city might let their bellies grumble for a day or two but yes, they will be offering Cersei and Tommen to the Dothraki before a single person drops a size.  The majority of the houses will have already bent their knees to Daenerys before her army comes to the gates of the city. 

I expect Jaime to be killed by dark Bran.  He will be out of the city to spare him until Bran can get his evil on and gets his revenge on Jaime. 

13 hours ago, Rondo said:

Sansa can be given to one of the young men of the khalsar.  The Dothraki might consider red heads a novelty.

14 hours ago, The Lord of the Crossing said:

The people inside the city might let their bellies grumble for a day or two but yes, they will be offering Cersei and Tommen to the Dothraki before a single person drops a size.  The majority of the houses will have already bent their knees to Daenerys before her army comes to the gates of the city. 

I expect Jaime to be killed by dark Bran.  He will be out of the city to spare him until Bran can get his evil on and gets his revenge on Jaime. 

The city has no love for their Baratheon-Lannister rulers. They will give up Tommen to the Targaryens and the Dothraki.  

The war of the five kings has severely weakened Westeros. I doubt if anyone would try to take back the city. After all, the Targaryens are the rightful rulers. Daenerys is obviously a Targaryen. Rhaego is also Targaryen. 

On 6/3/2022 at 7:06 AM, Darth Sidious said:

Daenerys is the Targaryen in that marriage. In Westeros, her words are law. She will not allow slavery in Westeros.

I believe you, Jonsa, are attempting to stir up trouble for Daenerys. But the threat of slavery will actually make the remainder of Westeros easier to conquer. You see, in war, many prisoners will be taken. It can happen to anybody. The commoners will be in fear. The first thing they will do is negotiate a deal with the Dothraki. They throw down their weapons in a deal to avoid slavery. Like Pentos paying the Dothraki not to be sacked and enslaved. The commons will be like, “Here, take my lord instead. We give up. Don’t make us slaves. Here, take Robb and do as you wish. We just wanna go home.” The Dothraki will take that deal. 

Which is why Croatia immediately surrendered to Ottomans as soon as they came knocking in 1430s... oh wait.

I am not sure about the modern mindset, but in general terms, people tend to prefer rulers they know and trust over those they don't. Daenerys does have advantage in that she is not a total foreigner, but khal Drogo is barbarian to the Westerosi, leading a horde of barbarians. Barbarians who, unlike the Mongols, are not exactly known for cooperating with settled peoples, much less properly integrating them into their empire.

The city will be blockaded by land and by sea.  The Dothraki didn't walk on water.  The Targaryen military will have ships.  The city will have no way to bring in supplies.  It didn't take much to riot against Joffrey.  It won't take much to riot against Tommen Baratheon.  The citizens will open their gates and give the city to their Targaryen princess.  

Archived