Football: Final thread of the season. Start delayed.

Second worst team to win it IMHO.

Chelsea 2012 was worse tho.

1 minute ago, Iskaral Pust said:

We outplayed them but Courtois made the saves.  Both Mane and Salah had a really good shot each, but our forward play wasn’t really sharp enough to score against a defensive set-up.  Unfortunately we had the same limp performance of recent months.  We’ve been grinding rather than sparkling for quite a while.

That's overly harsh. Courtois was simply playing the game of his life. The save he made against Mane in the first half, then the two or three against Salah in the second half (I am excluding the one he made against Salah in the first half, as that was good but not exceptional).

Madrid defended so deep, and actually really very well, it felt like Liverpool had to try and pass it through the eye of a needle to get anything realistically close to a chance. There was always a man in the way. Yet Salah and Mane never really looked like scoring. 

Maybe it’s also a function of their high tempo attack, made it harder to work chances against such a block

1 hour ago, Corvinus85 said:

Worst CL season ever. 

This is one of the all time championship runs by a winner lol. 

I told you lot this title was fated, Thibaut was anointed today, good lord.

The only thing the english teams can look for ist that Real didn't sign Mbappe, else the team next year would have made Europe eat so much shit like the dark dark times of those dreadful Ronaldo days. Real is an incedibly team but still full of weaknesses.

3 hours ago, Consigliere said:

Rangnick's appointment has been nothing short of an unmitigated disaster. We threw away an entire season for nothing. This club remains a fucking joke.

And

To be clear, I am not just luaghing at United here. But also at Liverpool. I mean Mane's statement, about making an announcement that everybody was hoping for I am off biatches is some high level trolling. 

I am somewhat curious, where he'll end up. Bayern want him, but I don't think they can match Liverpools offer. Real on the other hand, has big war chest, after they missed out on both Haaland and Mbappe. :dunno:

But the United Rangnick news is still pretty funny.

Rangnick's appointment being a farce became obvious the moment he took the Austria NT job. Such a waste of time and clear that United's board had no fucking clue what they wanted to do. It's starting to look like United just replaced one set of clowns with another.

Archived