Football: Final thread of the season. Start delayed.

1 minute ago, BigFatCoward said:

Pogba confirms he is leaving. Losing the same player a second time for nothing, having paid 89 million is staggeringly bad business. 

Watch them sign Lewandowski next.

1 hour ago, baxus said:

There were rumours of Mane-Lewandowski swap between Liverpool and Bayern. Probably wishful thinking from some fans and/or journalists but could be fun.

Personally, I think Gnabry is a better candidate to involved in a swap deal. Could work well. Winger/Forward would be sorta replacement for Mane. He has not signed an extension with Bayern, and they don't want to lose him on a free transfer next season. So they are willing to part with him this year.

That was a rumour as well. We have a long summer ahead, with no international tournament to amuse us so there will be so many transfer rumours and gossip I wouldn't be surprised to hear a club wants to sign me. :lol: 

And Gnabry.

From what I've read, he's demanding some big wages too. There were reports that Bayern offered him €17-19m per year but he's still not accepted the offer. I don't see Liverpool breaking their wage structure for Gnabry (who is a good player but is also injury prone).

39 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

If Liverpool were willing to pay what Lewy would require in wages, there wouldn't be any discussion about Salah's future this or next summer. 

Except Lewandowski is way more consistent than Salah. Salah has had 1.5 seasons of exceptional play during his 5 years at Liverpool, with the rest just being a solid very-good.

Anyway, it seems like he wants to go to Barcelona. They just need to generate some cash first.

3 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

Except Lewandowski is way more consistent than Salah. Salah has had 1.5 seasons of exceptional play during his 5 years at Liverpool, with the rest just being a solid very-good.

Sure, I agree with you and made that exact argument ages back here, but even with that in mind breaking a wage structure like that would be a tough ask for Liverpool, especially since Lewy is also four years older than Salah.

But yeah, he's going to Barca. 

Archived