Football: Final thread of the season. Start delayed.

As I've said, I may be wrong. And I don't watch Arsenal with any consistency, so he may have improved leaps and bounds from his earlier days. 

When I see him, I tend - like everyone, I guess - to keep my previous opinion about him as my starting point, and that may of course color my impression. Though with that caveat, I haven't noticed him standing out in general -  find him making saves I believe he should,  I've seen him letting in goals he shouldn't let in (Jota vs Liverpool springs to mind) and I have a hazy memory of him being great in one game, can't recall opponents or spesific saves.

Which means I tend to credit the team around him as much as him for his clean sheets. I've noticed White/Gabriel and Partey/Elneny more those times I've seen Arsenal than what I have for Ramsdale.

40 minutes ago, Rorschach - 2 said:

As I've said, I may be wrong. And I don't watch Arsenal with any consistency, so he may have improved leaps and bounds from his earlier days. 

Fair enough. But if you were to cast your eye over the end of season ratings on almost every single Arsenal fan site, you will see his name right at the top, generally only surpassed by Saka. Some sites even have him at number 1.

I think that says far more than anything else I can tell a self-confessed occasional watcher of Arsenal. 

And well done for noticing the Elneny and Partey partnership. I might be wrong, but I don't think they've played together at all this season.

9 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Fair enough. But if you were to cast your eye over the end of season ratings on almost every single Arsenal fan site, you will see his name right at the top, generally only surpassed by Saka. Some sites even have him at number 1.

I think that says far more than anything else I can tell a self-confessed occasional watcher of Arsenal. 

And well done for noticing the Elneny and Partey partnership. I might be wrong, but I don't think they've played together at all this season.

Last one I meant that either one was in front of the defense.

Unclear writng, to be sure.

Ramsdale has saved us enough points over the season where I'm not really too bothered by his shot stopping ability, whereas Pope has shown nothing at Burnley with regards to playing out from the back.

There's also the fact that we just bought a goalkeeper from the US.

TAA getting rinsed on social media for not singing the national anthem, how small do you balls have to be to give a fuck about that. 

I do wish that someone would come out and just say 'I'm not singing because they are all cunts and should be hanged from the nearest tree' rather than leaving any ambiguity. 

27 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

TAA getting rinsed on social media for not singing the national anthem, how small do you balls have to be to give a fuck about that. 

I do wish that someone would come out and just say 'I'm not singing because they are all cunts and should be hanged from the nearest tree' rather than leaving any ambiguity. 

Didn’t the Liverpool fans sing YNWA during the national anthem during the FA Cup final just recently?  Trent is a scouser born and raised, and it’s an ongoing protest in that part of the world to not sing the national anthem for a state apparatus that crushed the economy of the northern cities and then left them to rot in poverty for decades.  This seems like a better form of protest than voting for Brexit.

Gladbach have a new headcoach. After Favre backed out at the last minute with the statement, that he doesn't want to work in Germany anymore. Gladbach apparently took the closes thing in the alphabet they could find and hired Farke instead. Joking. Farke could be a great appointment for them. Best of luck.

Hertha BSC also appointed a new headcoach after Magath pulled off a last minute escape. Sandro Schwarz leaves his position at Dinamo Moscow to return to Germany. I'll refrain from making any further comments about Schwarz not leaving his post in Russia sooner [Bellend].

Liking this very much.

SALIBA: I’M GOING BACK TO ARSENAL

William Saliba has confirmed he’ll return to Arsenal this season and is determined to show the club and supporters his ‘true face’.

Having impressed for Marseille during his year-long loan spell, there has been much speculation about what the 21-year-old will do next.

Despite Mikel Arteta making it clear he wants the defender back at the Emirates, plenty of reports have surfaced in recent weeks linking him with various big-name clubs.

His latest comments should kill off the speculation once and for all.

“I belong to Arsenal, I still have two years left,” he told Telefoot.

“I will be back with Arsenal. I have played zero matches and I still want to show them my true face and have the chance to play for these fans and this great club.

Aaron Ramsdale nominated for Premier League Save of the Season.

It was the save that made Brendan Rodgers do this, before naming Ramsdale as the best English goalkeeper right now:

And a performance which prompted David James to say this:

Archived