Football: Final thread of the season. Start delayed.

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

Apparently Chelsea offered 21.5 million for Sterling, which might be the biggest piss take I've ever read. 

I don’t know. Liverpool just sold Mane for 35 ish million, we got Thiago for about 25 million. 21.5 is a little low but I don’t think it’s miles off with a year left on his contract. I think you’re looking mid 20s unless City want to keep him.

I do not understand our apparent desire to get Christian Eriksen. His best two positions are where are two best players are, and even as a depth signing it barely makes sense because no10  is covered not just by Bruno but, presumably under Ten Hag, Van de Beek, and while we could use a bit more cover on the left, our two most hyped academy players both play there so you'd have thought other positions would take priority. 

3 hours ago, ljkeane said:

I don’t know. Liverpool just sold Mane for 35 ish million, we got Thiago for about 25 million. 21.5 is a little low but I don’t think it’s miles off with a year left on his contract. I think you’re looking mid 20s unless City want to keep him.

Yeah, but Mane (while being the better player) is also older than Sterling. So ~27.5m-30m looks like a more reasonable number to me.

In other news.

Anybody here remember a former Arsenal player named Mesut Özil? He used to be good at this football thing a few years ago (not as good as his contract, but that's another story). Anyway, that Özil fellow has revealed his future plans. 

Once his contractwith Fener is up next year, he wants to get more involved in ESport. Yes, he already has his own team, that competes in FIFA and Fortnite. But next year, he is apparently seriously considering to be an active Fortnite player (tournament play and all).

1 hour ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

In other news.

Anybody here remember a former Arsenal player named Mesut Özil? He used to be good at this football thing a few years ago (not as good as his contract, but that's another story). Anyway, that Özil fellow has revealed his future plans. 

Once his contractwith Fener is up next year, he wants to get more involved in ESport. Yes, he already has his own team, that competes in FIFA and Fortnite. But next year, he is apparently seriously considering to be an active Fortnite player (tournament play and all).

Not at all surprised. Lots of rumors when he was at Arsenal that he would be up really late every night playing Fortnite and that's one of the problems he ultimately had when it came to practice and working hard.

In other Arsenal news, they've been attached to quite a number of players. Could be very interesting if they land half of them.

5 hours ago, Raja said:

I'm not sure I see City selling Jesus & Sterling both.

They’ve bought two new strikers and they want Palmer to get more playing time as a right forward, plus they still have Foden and Grealish to start either side of Haaland, plus Mahrez for another season.  They seem a bit stacked up front, especially considering how well Foden has developed and the similar expectations for Palmer.

In other news.

Record fee received from transfer for Bochum.

Their young centreback Arnel Bella Kotchap joins Southampton for an undisclosed fee, which is rumoredly around 10m €.

Interesting transfer. Bella Kotchap is a promising young centreback, who offers a good physicality and pace in his game. His potential is not in doubt in any shape or form. However, there are a few question marks concerning his professionalism (like showing up late for training repeatedly). So that could turn out either a great signing for Southampton, and they have acquired a player they can sell in a few years for two or three times their fee. Or it will be a total write off.

Archived