Football: Final thread of the season. Start delayed.

Chelsea probably want to field a team with 4 wingers

also that's hilarious:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12642018/tyrell-malacia-manchester-united-accelerate-interest-in-feyenoord-defender-as-they-battle-lyon-for-signature

1000 positions to fill and the donkeys in charge have chosen to spend on the only position we are stacked

Werner's useful to Chelsea anyhow. His abysmal finishing and their overall squad profile mean that yeah, they clearly need more forwards in, but he won't just be useless squad space if they successfully do that. I can see how watching him would trigger your anti-Firmino antibodies though.

Pulisic a bit less so just given his injuries. If they replace him it'll be direct like for like.

For Werner they could conceivably find buyers (if that 40m € Barca offer for Lewandowski ever materializes for instance). Pulisic different story. If you tell me to pick one of them, I'd take Werner over Pulisic seven days of the week.

But Werner is on ~£270kpw, which immediately rules out the vast majority of clubs, and I doubt even the ones who might pay wages that high wouldn't want to do so based on his last two seasons.

Chelsea screwed themselves over, probably because they were worried at the time about a late Liverpool bid.

Anyway, just to complain about Liverpool again as it's been far too long-

So our plan is to wait until next summer to try to sign Bellingham, who is 99% likely to go somewhere else as everyone wants him and Dortmund are going to be looking for a huge fee, and in the meantime we'll have probably wasted another season due to being bitten on the arse by our lack of quality midfield depth.

If we are waiting, I really hope we've gotten positive word from Bellingham about next year, and also that our owners realise how expensive he'll be. Losing out next summer after fucking up this season due to waiting would be pretty depressing.

Spurs have made some quality signings. They've left Arsenal and United in the dust and have the superior manager too. They've most likely secured themselves a top 4 finish at a minimum. Arsenal and United will have to hope for an implosion from either Chelsea or Spurs or bank on winning the EL in order to get back into the CL.

It was really funny to see him say Carragher is not worthy of saying his name as if he'd won the Champions League, not avoided relegation.

Wouldn't want to see Richarlison anywhere near any club I hold dear in any way or amount. Spurs can have him, though.

Archived