Did Mushroom Kill Viserys?

Just been playing on my mind through a re read , viserys was ill but would that be the best time to hurry someone on there way? Mushroom admits to being paid by people to do nasty deeds later on ( although not to that level of course) , he says odd things as well later “a fool can kill a king” whilst watching the riots and “ rowan did you kill viserys?” nobody questions viserys dying of natural causes so of all the people to say he had killed why choose him?

• 4 weeks later...

Mushroom was with Rhaenyra on Dragonstone when Viserys I died, so chances are almost zero that he was involved in that king's death.

He could, however, have been directly involved in the poisoning of Aegon II. We don't know who put the poison into the wine nor who handed the cup to Aegon II when he wanted to retire to his chambers.

• 1 month later...
On 6/26/2022 at 10:14 AM, Lord Varys said:

Mushroom was with Rhaenyra on Dragonstone when Viserys I died, so chances are almost zero that he was involved in that king's death.

He could, however, have been directly involved in the poisoning of Aegon II. We don't know who put the poison into the wine nor who handed the cup to Aegon II when he wanted to retire to his chambers.

Is there already a thread about who may have poisoned Aegon II?

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, Adelstein said:

I imagine Aegon II's death a bit like Murder on the Orient Express: the entire population of the Red Keep queuing up to put poison in his cup.

It does indeed seem that pretty much the entire court either wanted to see the king dead, or had no problem looking the other way. If Aegon II had had any actual loyalists left aside from his thugs and his mommy things shouldn't have gone this smoothly.

And we should also keep in mind that Aegon's thugs themselves may not have been taken out along with him because they were still deeply loyal or seen as a treat (they were mostly nobodies) ... but rather to punish them for the roles they played in the murder of Rhaenyra.

Archived