NBA Finals - The Problem with Steph Curry

Maithanet

8 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Two of the fouls on Curry were incredibly soft.  Weird because the refs have been allowing a lot of contact... Except Curry.

Clear foul on Curry by Al and nothing. It has been odd that the biggest star in this game is not getting any love from the refs.

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Clear foul on Curry by Al and nothing. It has been odd that the biggest star in this game is not getting any love from the refs.

Yes.  And the shot was way off, how often does Curry miss a 5 footer like that?  It was easy to see.

3 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Yes.  And the shot was way off, how often does Curry miss a 5 footer like that?  It was easy to see.

Could have called that one on Brown too if they're calling soft shit on Curry.

Yeah, I was scared about the Celtics today. Everyone was picking the Warriors to win and the underdog upset happened. Very impressed with their play but we’ll have to see if they can shoot lights out like that for 3 more games.

I wanted the Warriors-Celtics matchup because I thought it would be a competitive matchup. Want to eat those words now but it’s still only Game 1.

Fuck yeah.

Sure Horford, Smart, and White were shooting at an unsustainable level when they pulled away. But I have to imagine Tatum won't have such bad shooting nights all series. Glad to see him racking up assists during that 4th quarter run.

Great to win game 1 on the road. But is this going to be like the 2019 playoffs where the Celtics beat the Bucks in game 1, and then lost the next 4?

7 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Great to win game 1 on the road. But is this going to be like the 2019 playoffs where the Celtics beat the Bucks in game 1, and then lost the next 4?

I'd be shocked by that. Tonight was really interesting because these two teams are massive clashes in styles and it was hard to predict going in what would happen. Honestly everything I guessed that would happen was wrong. I thought the Celtics needed a strong 4th quarter lead to win. Nope. I also thought the secondary Warriors players would have the greater impact. Also nope. Most interestingly, Boston didn't have much defensively through three that countered the Warriors movement, but it seemed like their size started to wear on them in the fourth as the ball stop moving as much and Boston began to completely takeover. 40-16 in the fourth wasn't an accident. 

I thought it was pretty amazing that despite Steph's ridiculously hot start, the Cs were still right there with them in the first quarter and even leading at the half.  Yeah, they stumbled in the third and then shot an unsustainable rate in the fourth; but I think the part that can carry over to future games in the series was that first half.  Keep being solid while one star goes off and I think there's a recipe to win.

Archived