NBA Finals - The Problem with Steph Curry

Maithanet

10 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I heard a talking head on ESPN radio this morning make a decent point (Crazy... I know!!!!!)

He said that we may look back at this GS run and say that Jamal Murray was out for the first series with Denver and then Ja was hurt for most of the Memphis series and Phoenix had injury issues off and on in their series as well, so we may look back and say that this GS team really wasn't quite as title ready as we thought.

:dunno: 

Boston caught the Nets missing two starter quality players accounting for around $50m of their cap. And while they swept them, the total margin of victory was rather small.

The defending champs took Boston to seven while missing their second best player who is also their best outside scoring option (and Holiday as a result tried to shoot them out of the series).

Miami was completely broken after game three of the ECF when they had a 2-1.

Injuries have been having a major impact on the Finals for some time now. I'd argue if you removed the two Durant Warriors titles every series since 2015 has had injuries play a major role and that's before we think about every round that precedes the Finals. 

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

I heard a talking head on ESPN radio this morning make a decent point (Crazy... I know!!!!!)

He said that we may look back at this GS run and say that Jamal Murray was out for the first series with Denver and then Ja was hurt for most of the Memphis series and Phoenix had injury issues off and on in their series as well, so we may look back and say that this GS team really wasn't quite as title ready as we thought.

:dunno: 

GS was lucky to avoid Phoenix, that was it.  Playoff basketball always has some injuries that make a difference.  The Bucks got to game 7 without their second best guy (Middleton).  If he's available, I expect the Bucks win the series.  The Heat were a MASH unit their entire series, and still were one made 3 pointer from taking the lead with under 10 second left in game 7.  If Lowry were at 100% or Herro were playing, they have a very good chance at pulling it out.  

It's fine to highlight really egregious cases where a team gets lucky in the playoffs (like the 2015 Warriors run), but neither of these teams were particularly lucky in their playoff runs, they were just the normal amount of lucky.   

5 minutes ago, WarGalley said:

I’m seeing a repeat of the last game and that doesn’t bode well for the Warriors. Looney and Green with 2 fouls and Warriors with no answer to Williams. And they have the dumbest turnovers. 

Their response is eat a three in your face.

I'd be really curious what this serious would look like if they had Wiseman which is exactly the skillset they need.

Or imagine Ball on this team lol.

GS in urgency should be treating this as a must win, because to end up down 3-1 in any Finals has always been 'No man's land".

I guess that's stating the obvious, but plainly said, Boston has not been defeated two games in a row since March I think I read.

6 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

GSW keeps putting pole and curry out at the same time.  I don't understand why, there's so little size and defense out with both of them together.

I don't think they can play Poole and Curry together much, but Poole and Klay may be an even worse duo to have out together.

And I have to ask again, why is White getting more respect from the refs than Curry? It still makes no sense.

Draymond being shit on offense is not unusual, but he's been a below average defender out there both tonight and last game.  It's inexplicable.  The best lineup for GSW looks like Payton, Curry, Wiggins, Porter and Looney.  No offensive help for Curry, but they can at least defend and rebound.

Archived