Shade of the Evening & Jojen Porridge

Moiraine Sedai

1 minute ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Jojen Porridge is made from Bran’s friend. Theoretically, based on the twisted logic in the tale, it should have a more potent effect. 

???? Can you say some more about that?

2 minutes ago, LynnS said:

???? Can you say some more about that?

Shade of the Evening has a taste of flesh, but it’s probably just Dany’s memory being stimulated by the drug. Bran’s porridge had the look of blood. I think Jojen was sacrificed to make the dish. The little crannog boy is in the ingredients. The porridge is more potent.

3 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Shade of the Evening has a taste of flesh, but it’s probably just Dany’s memory being stimulated by the drug. Bran’s porridge had the look of blood. I think Jojen was sacrificed to make the dish. The little crannog boy is in the ingredients. The porridge is more potent.

The idea that Jojen makes up part of the paste that weds Bran to the tree has always grossed me out a bit.  :P  He might be what can be referred to as holy blood given his prophetic abilities and greensight.  So that makes for a more powerful magic.

I'm reminded that Sam had to take an oath three times to keep silent about Bran.  Once each to Coldhands, Bran and Jojen.

On 5/31/2022 at 12:54 PM, Moiraine Sedai said:

Jojen Porridge is made from Bran’s friend. Theoretically, based on the twisted logic in the tale, it should have a more potent effect. 

Well, it did take Bran on a dream-vision maybe all the way back to the Age of Heroes. What more should there be?

2 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

OK, but that confuses me about your OP. Why do you think it should have been more potent, and what should it have done?

The sacrifice of a friend. The sacrifice of a loved person give more power to the magic. Bran didn’t just see. He experienced what he saw, like tasting the blood of the man who was murdered.  

Archived