Depp and Heard Trial Result

Fragile Bird

Yo she shitted in the bed. :lmao:

Beyond that, though, you're going against Johnny Depp. Every time you get on the stand your performance is going to go against his performance. 

That's just a terrible place to be. He's Johnny fucking Depp, he even makes loathsome hate-filled ranting email/texts charming.

It doesn't matter who is telling the truth. Nobody wants Captain Jack Sparrow to be a wife beater. That's your justice, bird.

She is a serial liar, fantasist and an abuser, I think it’s been pretty clear throughout the trial what a piece of shit she really is. From leaking the story to TMZ, lying about the makeup she uses to ‘cover up her bruises’, lying about giving divorce money to charity, and then beating Depp and taunting him because nobody will ever believe him. She’s going to be vilified for the rest of her life and for good reason. 

Well, I guess my main take is at least it will be over soon.  I think the most depressing part of this is how much it (apparently) captivated the younger generation.  Reading about teenagers on TikTok reenacting testimony/domestic abuse for the lulz (and views) is quite gross and disconcerting.  I suppose it's hardly surprising zoomers are not immune to this country's ridiculously stupid obsession with celebrity trials, but I guess I thought maybe young kids wouldn't reflexively defend Johnny Depp?  Like, really, he's been a joke of movie star since the Pirates trilogy wrapped (not counting the latter two), and that was 15 years ago.

11 minutes ago, Conflicting Thought said:

horrible to see the misogyny  that this trial has brought out of people

Someone I know has been watching the proceedings on a live stream YouTube channel, while sitting at the receptions desk, that has like these four lawmen talking about the proceedings on the side. I was suffered to watch this farce during an ill-advised lunch expedition and just happened to see Heard on the stand. 

I don't know what happened between these two. They both seem batshit to me and I've witnessed/participated/incited enough dysfunction to know that these things are consuming. The longer it goes on the worse everybody becomes. Resentment gets ugly, and we of America and the future state of Canada were just privileged to see that. Yaaay.

While I was watching those lawmans talk I was kinda blown away by how nasty they were being to Heard, whose performance I found dubious myself but, like, I don't know what really happened. And Johnny Depp is an amazing actor; his whole humbly mumbly schtick is pretty convincing... But he's AN ACTOR. He has gargantua money for the bestest lawyers and witnesses. If you took anything away from this trial other than the utter depravity of our society you're wrong.

In just before the verdict, I think they rule in favor of Heard, but reward her with nothing. These two were both physically and psychologically abusive to each other and they both deserve to have their acting careers come to an end. 

ETA: Well we now know at least one party was defamed. 

So what was the verdict?

I have managed to more or less ignore that trial. As in not a horse problem. The youtube vids that showed up on recommended viewing (I don't have a youtube account, and cookies get deleted by default, when I close my browser). So were they sentenced to film three more sequels of PotC together? I am really not bothered enough to google that shit now.

28 minutes ago, Babblebauble said:

Someone I know has been watching the proceedings on a live stream YouTube channel, while sitting at the receptions desk, that has like these four lawmen talking about the proceedings on the side. I was suffered to watch this farce during an ill-advised lunch expedition and just happened to see Heard on the stand. 

I don't know what happened between these two. They both seem batshit to me and I've witnessed/participated/incited enough dysfunction to know that these things are consuming. The longer it goes on the worse everybody becomes. Resentment gets ugly, and we of America and the future state of Canada were just privileged to see that. Yaaay.

While I was watching those lawmans talk I was kinda blown away by how nasty they were being to Heard, whose performance I found dubious myself but, like, I don't know what really happened. And Johnny Depp is an amazing actor; his whole humbly mumbly schtick is pretty convincing... But he's AN ACTOR. He has gargantua money for the bestest lawyers and witnesses. If you took anything away from this trial other than the utter depravity of our society you're wrong.

Yep, and it's pretty clear some people just wanted a very troublesome victim to use an excuse to discredit the entire #Metoo movement. It's undeniable there's a clear correlation between Depp support and MAGA types. 

Depp wins, she defamed him. I think it wasn’t even close if you had even a passing knowledge of the trial. Heard was awful on the stand and was exposed over and over. There was no evidence of him hitting her, but quite a bit of her abusing him repeatedly.

I don’t know if Depp could work again after this, even if he’s been vindicated. He still has had his substance abuse problem spotlighted and he doesn’t look well.

6 minutes ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

Yep, and it's pretty clear some people just wanted a very troublesome victim to use an excuse to discredit the entire #Metoo movement. It's undeniable there's a clear correlation between Depp support and MAGA types. 

What a load of shit. 

So, Depp got $10M in compensatory damages, and $5M in punitive damages which the judge immediately reduced to $350,000, the statutory limit in the state.

Heard won $2M in compensatory damages and $0 in punitive damages. 

Three statements of Heard’s were found to be defamatory, demonstrating actual malice. Only one statement of Depp’s representative, the one about Heard and friends faking evidence and calling the police a second time, was found to be defamatory. 

In the US it’s very difficult for public figures to win a case like this, and the fact that three statements were found to be actual malice is quite stunning. 

I think Depp’s team will appeal the verdict for Heard, based on the strong showing in Depp’s case. They contradict each other.

3 minutes ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

Nope, it's pretty clear. I'm not saying everyone that supported Depp is a Trump supporter, of course, just that is pretty clear whom all the MAGA types were siding with.

Like look at this. Pretty strange behaviour, really.

Archived