Wild Cards

hauberk

I did a search and was not able to find the old Wild Cards thread.  Recently picked up the two most recent volumes - Joker Moon and Three Kings.  While I enjoyed both, Joker Moon was a bit more poignant for me - the tribute to Vic Milan and the John J. Miller completed Milan offering was powerful with the hindsight of knowing that it would, presumably, be Miller's final contribution to the series.  That said, both books felt a little thin compared to some of the previous volumes.  

I appreciated the turn that Three Kings took with Noel and Badb was, while not quite as terrifying as her previous appearance, still a truly scary force.  That said, it closed out maybe a little too neatly.

I was a little puzzled by the sequencing - started Three Kings and within the first few pages, there is a reference made to Joker Moon, so stopped Three Kings and read Joker Moon first.  They can really be read in either order.

Congratulations, though, on another successful entry into the Wild Cards world.  Will we be seeing future contributions?

On 6/9/2022 at 4:03 PM, hauberk said:

I was a little puzzled by the sequencing - started Three Kings and within the first few pages, there is a reference made to Joker Moon, so stopped Three Kings and read Joker Moon first.  They can really be read in either order.

Congratulations, though, on another successful entry into the Wild Cards world.  Will we be seeing future contributions?

Well, when we were writing Three Kings, we knew Joker Moon would be coming and roughly what it would be about, hence the reference!

Thanks :) And yes, I have written something else for the WC universe that I'm not allowed to talk about. But I can say that it deals with a whole new set of characters in a brilliant (I didn't come up with it) setting.

Archived