UK Politics - Caesar: Most senators didn’t stab me, so all good!

Derfel Cadarn

Actually that’s one of the reasons I say Codswallop, it’s much easier to remember how to spell. It’s also useful because she has a long history of speaking utter Codswallop so it’s appropriate. Remember she was also a founding member of ‘diet’ SAGE, a group of ‘scientists’ whose whole purpose was to scream for ‘Mooorre Loockdowwns!’ and put out false stories to scare people into submission. 

She’s only a journalist in the very vaguest sense, really she’s an activist who has very little relationship with facts or the truth. 

So I have also no problem throwing around childish insults in her direction, I mean that behaviour has already been established here no? Do we not do it every day for almost every other political figure? There are people on this board who won’t even say Trumps name in case he has Voldemort like powers! 

On 6/12/2022 at 6:53 PM, The Anti-Targ said:

That's why you never believe anyone on social media who says "I'm a [insert minority]" and then go on to support a person or policy that has not helped or has actively harmed said minority.

Eh this is a bad mindset imo, easily exploited by bigots

There are people who actually espouse and even support policies or people who have harmed groups they’re apart of.

1 minute ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Eh this is a bad mindset imo, easily exploited by bigots

There are people who actually espouse and even support policies or people who have harmed groups they’re apart of.

Indeed. Priti Patel's parents were two-time refugees.

I've finally decided who I'd like to replace Johnson when he eventually goes.

Liz Truss.

This is the person who is going to fuck the Tories more than any other. She is fucking appalling. And the British public will not be having her. At all.

5 hours ago, Spockydog said:

They were one of the good ones though ergo they should get an exception.

I’m reminded of Dave Rubin. He constantly gushes on how great and kind conservatives are even after they petitioned him to be executed for starting a family. He blames the left for conservatives homophobia.

4 hours ago, Spockydog said:

This is the person who is going to fuck the Tories more than any other. She is fucking appalling. And the British public will not be having her. At all.

Eh, I’d be wary of supposing this, the British public has and inevitably will again give power over to someone absolutely appalling.

13 hours ago, Spockydog said:

As a totally non-statistically verifiable claim, and one that is possibly unfairly gleaned from media stories, my impression here is that the biggest abusers of immigrant labour (extremely low pay, horrible working conditions, confinement to very meagre living conditions) are employers who are from the same immigrant community as the employees indentured servants they are exploiting.

ECHR just cancelled the first deportation flight to Rwanda.

The Patel statement is quite something. 

World leading migration partnership with Rwanda is a phrase I didn't expect to read or hear anywhere. What psychotic piece of work. 

Ms Patel said it was "very surprising" that the European court had intervened "despite repeated earlier success in our domestic courts".

Its almost as if that was the purpose of an appeal...

Yeah, it's not in the least bit surprising that the court intervened since that is its job and it was widely predicted that it might rule as it has done.

But Patel isn't actually surprised by it. When she says it's 'surprising', she doesn't mean she's surprised: she means to imply that the court's intervention is in some way illegitimate or invalid. She can't directly say that, because for one thing it's not true. But that's the gist of what she's trying to do here.

Half a million £ to fly 7 or 8 people to another country … plus to apparently fly back a greater(?) number of Rwandans as part of the deal, I believe.

There are rural areas in Scotland, particularly up north desperately needing more people. While not a life for everyone, I’m sure there are no small number of refigees (particularly from rural communities) who’d happily give it a shot, rather than getting crammed into crappy accommodation in a deproved area with few work prospects.

English Tories on the radio right now arguing that if there was a 52/48 split in favour of Scottish independence, it would be grossly unfair on the 48% who voted to remain in the UK. 

Tory Wanker: "We were told the last referendum would be a once in a lifetime event. Why are we even talking about a second referendum?"

When put to him that in 2014 David Cameron was telling Scots "the only way to protect Scotlands's place in the EU is to vote No" the dozy cunt nearly choked on his tongue.

Needless to say, he could not offer a coherent response.                        

So at PMQs Starmer had nothing at all to say about Johnson's illegal NI bill or his illegal Rwanda deportation scheme. 

This from so-called Mr Law and Order. 

He and his MPs are terrified of mentioning anything related to the B-word, even when it's clear to everyone it was a horrible fucking mistake that is literally destroying the nation. 

And he won't go hard on Rwanda because we all know he is courting the flag-shagging Tommy Robinson vote.

Weak, craven, and entirely unfit for purpose. 

I mean, Starmer made a Star Wars joke, what more do you want from him?

Seriously, given the choice of pressing Johnson on the NI bill or the economy, inflation and tax, he made the right choice. 

50 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

He and his MPs are terrified of mentioning anything related to the B-word, even when it's clear to everyone it was a horrible fucking mistake that is literally destroying the nation. 

Ahum, you are aware that during the last party convention under Corbyn (back when this thing could've been stopped) a resolution on taking a firm pro European stance (as Labour position) was voted down by the Corbynista, because he disagreed with it.

Captain soundbite avoided a clear anti-Brexit position for no less than two GEs (despite pleas to take one)

So to crticize Starmer on not talking about it sounds a wee bit hypocritical to me, Brexit happened. But you want him to bravely venture into that culture war the dumb effs would like to fight instead of attacking them on their abysmal policy record?

Good thing you are not a campaign strategist.

Archived