US Politics: Elections, Defections, Insurrections, Oh My!

Durckad

This vid is an interview with Teri Kanefield, former attorney who does legal and political analysis on Twitter, her blog and TV and other venues.    This interview is very interesting. 

Interview: The January 6 Hearings and the DOJ: NBCLX News, June 9.

She also has a FAQ page on Twitter about Garland and the DOJ.  Very informative and worth reading.

I haven't heard a single mention over the "hearings" from the right wing idiots I work with.

I made sure to point out to colleagues when Trump's advisor Navarro was indicted for contempt of Congress (he had given a speech at our work place).

The news was met with the kind of empty stares one gets when you realize the audience hasn't a clue what your talking about. 

I don't even try, most of these Republicans simply cannot retain thoughts past their last beer guzzling weekend.

Am certain not a one of them remembered Trump's aide Navarro speaking to us in our own workplace. Also not a one of them will know any details of his contempt or the Jan.6th hearings.

All thoughts seem to be on consuming their next case of beer.

31 people with ties to White nationalist group arrested for conspiracy to riot near a Pride parade in Idaho

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/11/us/31-people-arrested-for-conspiracy-to-riot-near-idaho-pride-parade/index.html

The operation in Coeur d'Alene began when a concerned citizen informed police "approximately 20 people jumped into a U-Haul. They had shields and looked like a little army," White said.

As commented on the previous thread, I was rather astonished the Idaho cops had actually arrested these terrorists.  What I'd missed earlier, despite Partner even mentioning it last night, was that the Feds were onto this bunch, so they are standing right at the Idaho cops's shoulders when the terrorists were stopped, taken out and arrested.  Though they are only being charged with a misdemeanor -- conspiracy to commit pubic disorder -- which carries a fine of only $300.

At some point as these terrorist groups target more and more public events there is going to be a real in the street shoot out between them and the 'public defenders'.  They want it so badly.

Witnesses for the next hearing. Ex Fox dude sounds interesting.

Btw, weren't they all supposed to be on Prime Time? (I mean, that schedule is great for me, but I'm hardly the target audience.)

54 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

Btw, weren't they all supposed to be on Prime Time?

I don't think that was ever said and I think 5 hearings on primetime is pushing it - at least in terms of the networks covering it.  Instead looks like they'll have 3 at 10AM MWF this week and then another primetime hearing to wrap things up next Thursday.  Sounds fine to me.

3 hours ago, DMC said:

Curious what the "defections" part is referring to.  Inquiring minds want to know!

Ivanka mostly, who refuted some of Trump's election fraud claims during the inquiry.

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

As commented on the previous thread, I was rather astonished the Idaho cops had actually arrested these terrorists.  What I'd missed earlier, despite Partner even mentioning it last night, was that the Feds were onto this bunch, so they are standing right at the Idaho cops's shoulders when the terrorists were stopped, taken out and arrested.  Though they are only being charged with a misdemeanor -- conspiracy to commit pubic disorder -- which carries a fine of only $300.

At some point as these terrorist groups target more and more public events there is going to be a real in the street shoot out between them and the 'public defenders'.  They want it so badly.

Considering that the Chicago 7 were looking at years in prison for conspiracy, this does seem a touch mild.

CdA is like a town from tv shows or games where the entire area is dominated by a single business. In this case that business is a resort on the lake that does most of its business in summer. 

I would not be at all surprised if the resort was in the loop on the news and insisted the cops take action, allowing that to happen would be terrible for their bottom line this summer after all.

This was the area I lived in when I lived in the US and my ex and her daughter could have been attending so this one hit more personally than I'd expect. Whatever the reason they acted I'm glad they did.

3 hours ago, DMC said:

I don't think that was ever said and I think 5 hearings on primetime is pushing it - at least in terms of the networks covering it.  Instead looks like they'll have 3 at 10AM MWF this week and then another primetime hearing to wrap things up next Thursday.  Sounds fine to me.

Well no, nobody said, "each and every hearing will be on prime time," that's true.

8 hours ago, Mindwalker said:

To answer that question. No, I don't think Cruz was among the GOP lawbreakers to ask for a pardon. Gym Jordan and the other guys that riled up the crowd at that rally are much better candidates. 

Archived