US Politics: Elections, Defections, Insurrections, Oh My!

Durckad

5 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

No argument.  But this could have been Trump claiming the Presidency and using the military and law enforcement to keep it in the face of civil uprisings.  That would have been way worse.

Sure, but I'm not here to give credit or praise to people who showed 1% of decency given what the other 99% of their contributions were. They all could have stopped it from ever getting this far, but they didn't because they were either cowards, self-serving or both. There is no redemption arc for these people. 

20 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

The bar is lower than roots in the ground.

And didn't he add a sentence to the ceremony, something like "Are there any objections?"

16 minutes ago, Trebla said:

Especially since Trump said he wouldn't be his friend anymore if he didn't overturn the election. Trump also said it would be "cool" if Pence did do it. Even after all this time it still amazes me what a moron he is. 

While it sounds childish, it'a also like mob speak... "You know what happens iof you're not my friend anymore..."

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Sure, but I'm not here to give credit or praise to people who showed 1% of decency given what the other 99% of their contributions were. They all could have stopped it from ever getting this far, but they didn't because they were either cowards, self-serving or both. There is no redemption arc for these people. 

A fair point.

1 hour ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

We’re lucky Pence retained some principles through the Trump Administration…

Pence's principles/ethical code is that he should personally make healthcare/reproductive choices for all women in America. And anything that detracts from that mission is bad.

28 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

Pence's principles/ethical code is that he should personally make healthcare/reproductive choices for all women in America. And anything that detracts from that mission is bad.

I think he’s wrong on that.  I’m still pleased he didn’t do what Trump wanted him to do.

Y'all do know that the price for having 'Darth Cheney on our side in this means she'll one day be your president, right? She's clearly playing the long game ...

Good news:

ETA: I just read that Judge Luttig is a stroke survivor, so now I feel terrible.

17 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

ETA: I just read that Judge Luttig is a stroke survivor, so now I feel terrible.

I thought that might be the case.  His speaking is slow, but I thought his mind is sharp and he was able to communicate his thoughts quite well.

5 hours ago, KalVsWade said:

Also, the things you're arguing about are based on faith, not math. You're trying to convince zealots that their God doesn't exist. 

He is just proselytizing at this point, virtue signaling that he has the right thought patterns and expresses the right faith. You don't convince people like that with facts and data and explanations. To be fair, you don't do that for people in general, but especially not for people like this.

You either deprogram them or you ignore them or they kill you. 

Thank you for trying. I know it's not about math, just wanted to razz him

2 hours ago, Trebla said:

Especially since Trump said he wouldn't be his friend anymore if he didn't overturn the election. Trump also said it would be "cool" if Pence did do it. Even after all this time it still amazes me what a moron he is. 

I have watched enough Scorsese movies to think that this sounds like Mafia talk.

1 hour ago, LongRider said:

I thought that might be the case.  His speaking is slow, but I thought his mind is sharp and he was able to communicate his thoughts quite well.

Oh, I didn't think his mind was muddled, just that he was extremely long-winded (and also very slow).

40 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

Oh, I didn't think his mind was muddled, just that he was extremely long-winded (and also very slow).

No worries, he was rather difficult to listen too.

So, in today's testimony, we saw an email where Eastman mentioned to Rudy G. that he wanted to be on the pardon list, if that was still available.  The day before it was Jared mentioning that he was busy getting many pardons done.  So, it seems that at that time pardons we a bit of commodity.  Was there a list floating around somewhere?  Wonder what the going price was.

4 minutes ago, LongRider said:

No worries, he was rather difficult to listen too.

So, in today's testimony, we saw an email where Eastman mentioned to Rudy G. that he wanted to be on the pardon list, if that was still available.  The day before it was Jared mentioning that he was busy getting many pardons done.  So, it seems that at that time pardons we a bit of commodity.  Was there a list floating around somewhere?  Wonder what the going price was.

I would be shocked if they… weren’t selling pardons.

1 minute ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I would be shocked if they… weren’t selling pardons.

Me too!  A random thought, the shock of the J6 insurgents if they had had to find out that pardons from Trump aren’t free.  
Suckers, surely there were those that assumed that pardons, if needed, were part of the program.   Oppsie!

:lol:

4 minutes ago, Zorral said:

I recollect at the time it was commonly reported that pardons were for sale.

Makes sense, these crooks will squeeze every $$ and every drop of blood out of their marks, no matter who they are. 

16 minutes ago, Zorral said:

I recollect at the time it was commonly reported that pardons were for sale.

There were stories floating for sure. And while it's illegal, it might also not be all that hard to circumvent being held accountable for doing so.

Archived