US Politics: Elections, Defections, Insurrections, Oh My!

Durckad

4 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

To answer that question. No, I don't think Cruz was among the GOP lawbreakers to ask for a pardon. Gym Jordan and the other guys that riled up the crowd at that rally are much better candidates. 

Oh, I agree. Otoh, Jared sounded like he was very, very busy with pardons.

Today's hearing will start about 30 minutes late; also, due to a "family emergency," 45's former campaign manager will not testify, but send a counsel 6 there's taped deposition. (via CNN)

12 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

Oh, I agree. Otoh, Jared sounded like he was very, very busy with pardons.

To be fair, Jared did only have a few more days to wrap up middle east peace and criminal justice reform.

56 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

To be fair, Jared did only have a few more days to wrap up middle east peace and criminal justice reform.

AND all those whining people threatening to resign just because of a coup! SO distracting.

I'd say that inebriated Rudy 'fart-butt' Guiliani is not coming off to well in the Jan 6 hearings. 

edt:  The committee showing the grift from the Trump campaign, was very interesting. scroll down

Lofgren: "Throughout the committee's investigation we found evidence that the Trump campaign and its surrogates misled donors as to where their funds would go and what they would be used for. So not only was there the big lie, there was the big ripoff."

3 hours ago, Maithanet said:

He sure did wrap up a ton of money though, but let's keeping talking about Hunter Biden...

11 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

He sure did wrap up a ton of money though, but let's keeping talking about Hunter Biden...

He got his Middle East 'piece' of the pie.  Always grifting. 

I wonder what the upfront $$$$ for Jared was just for one of the suckers to even talk to him about a pardon was?  Don't think they would go for cheap.

Currently trending, an appearance of the #bigmassivedumps mcbigski was alluding to (but neglected to use the proper #bigmassivedumps label.)

Is the Committee's strategy to keep it as simple and plain as possible: the Rump knowingly lied to everyone that the election was stolen, then he committed violent treason in his attempt to stay in power?  If that is the strategy (along with simply and plainly including 'he used the lie to steal money from you too" it seems a good on, in the circumstances we're in.

It was excellent that Rep. Zoe Lofgren hit this point hard in her closing statements -- that rump needed to push the election fraud lies to continue grifting his followers who believe in their own research. 

"Small dollar donors use scarce disposable income to support candidates and causes of their choosing to make their voices heard. Those donors deserve the truth about what those funds will be used for," Lofgren said. "Throughout the committee's investigation, we found evidence that the Trump campaign and its surrogates mislead donors as to where their funds would go and what they would be used for."

"Not only was there the big lie, there was the big ripoff. Donors deserve to know where their funds are really going. They deserve better than what President Trump and his team did, Mr. Chairman," she explained.

Is the book calling? The joke doesn't make sense. Not to mention that George Orwell would be more likely to cheer AOC and villify Boebert.

9 minutes ago, Week said:

Is the book calling? The joke doesn't make sense. Not to mention that George Orwell would be more likely to cheer AOC and villify Boebert.

More likely? Try an absolute certainty. 

But then again as I've said before, the party of Jesus could never actually get Jesus to ever vote for them. Democrats need to constantly point that out even if it doesn't win them any votes.

Archived