US Politics: Elections, Defections, Insurrections, Oh My!

Durckad

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I'd say conservatism in general has lost its mind, at least in the US and UK.

Canada too. 

edit: and for example, however specific to the US, read this crazy shit

Thanks to the Jan. 6 Investigation Committee hearings, federal judges, etc. can no longer conceal from the American public their true identies: they are ents.

As someone somewhere once said about federal employees of all varieties: "You will still be waiting ten years from now for the first sentence to be completed."

I browned the chicken,  put it into the oven to roast, with herbs, mushrooms, onions, etc. during the first 40 minutes.  Cut up 3 varieties of squash, more onion and garlic, oregano. etc. and made the stew for the chicken which would be shredded when it came out of oven, and added to the stew.  Started the rice.  All this within the first hour and 5 minutes.  Partner keeps complaining, "They could say all this in two sentences.  This is a frackin' rabbit hole."

I think it's in part because he's a far-right Federalist dude and it pains him... This will lose them lots of viewers.

Anyway, I washed my hair, fed the dog, and did the dishes. If it wasn't live, I'd set it to 1.75 speed.

Also, you made me really hungry, @Zorral !

This damned Originalism of the Founders such as Jefferson -- and what he might have done might have thought -- makes me puke.  These are not facts or anything other than speculation.

2 hours ago, Mindwalker said:

Per cnn, the Jan 6 committee has "invited" Ginni Thomas. I'm sure she'll happily oblige!

I heard if she gets a citation for contempt, she's gonna fight it all the way to the Supreme Court.

15 minutes ago, DMC said:

s it Luttig?  Yeah, dude may very well have Alito's seat -- except he was considered more extreme by Senate Dems.

He clearly really really really HATES having to say what he has to say, and if he could not say it, he would not say it, if he could NOT be there, he could be hundreds of miles away elsewhere.

Nor are judges accustomed to answering questions.  They ask the questions.  The entire world has turned inside-out.  No doubt at all due to abortion/women and Blacks in government, except for Thomas, of course.

2 hours ago, JGP said:

Canada too. 

edit: and for example, however specific to the US, read this crazy shit

Yeah, pretty depressing, and as the article mentions there are a number of other examples similar to this where highly qualified black educators are being run out of schools.

Combine that with the targeted efforts to win small races and soon we're going to have so many dangerous people making a lot of important decisions about our lives.

6 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

We’re lucky Pence retained some principles through the Trump Administration…

Especially since Trump said he wouldn't be his friend anymore if he didn't overturn the election. Trump also said it would be "cool" if Pence did do it. Even after all this time it still amazes me what a moron he is. 

7 minutes ago, Trebla said:

Especially since Trump said he wouldn't be his friend anymore if he didn't overturn the election. Trump also said it would be "cool" if Pence did do it. Even after all this time it still amazes me what a moron he is. 

Which one. I mean, both are. I conclude you meant the orange moron and not the homophobe one.

47 minutes ago, Zorral said:

I browned the chicken,  put it into the oven to roast, with herbs, mushrooms, onions, etc. during the first 40 minutes.  Cut up 3 varieties of squash, more onion and garlic, oregano. etc. and made the stew for the chicken which would be shredded when it came out of oven, and added to the stew.  Started the rice.  All this within the first hour and 5 minutes.  Partner keeps complaining, "They could say all this in two sentences.  This is a frackin' rabbit hole."

Dinner thread?

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

The bar is lower than roots in the ground.

No argument.  But this could have been Trump claiming the Presidency and using the military and law enforcement to keep it in the face of civil uprisings.  That would have been way worse.

What's that black baseball bat behind that lawyer, with white letters spelling "JUSTICE."  That doesn't speak to the justice system as law, but JUSTified violence.  These are the people around the traitor in chief; they aren't different from him, other than beyond accepting certain levels of reality, which he and others determinedly and consciously choose to refuse thinking if the Big Lies get repeated often enough, loudly enough, particularly when swinging baseball bats, they get their way.  Essentially they enabled this, until they got scared they might end up in prison.

2 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Dinner thread?

This isn't dinner -- this is responding to the hearings while preparing lunch.

2 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

No argument.  But this could have been Trump claiming the Presidency and using the military and law enforcement to keep it in the face of civil uprisings.  That would have been way worse.

If the military would'Ve been onboard.

Could've been the military refusing and Maryland National Guard putting Trump under arrest. But yeah, things could've been a lot worse. Things could'Ve also been a lot better, had 2016 not been such a horrendous year.

Archived