Most dangerous Lannister sibling

LHakaLH

In ACoK, Catelyn says this regarding Tyrion:

"This was the Imp's work, Catelyn suspected; it stank of the same sort of cunning he had displayed at the Eyrie. Once, she would have named Tyrion the least dangerous of the Lannisters. Now she was not so certain."

We've seen all three siblings down on their luck with little to no influence, as well as with great power.

Who would you say is the most dangerous of the three?

Jaime.

He is too idiot to understand the consequences of his actions.

He is too amoral, to be stoped by right and wrong, he has no compasion and is used to bloodshed.

He is also too brave and has a tendency to fight instead of flee even in lost situations like it was at the Whispering Woods, and he was a great fighter....

So nothing conventional can stop him, only brute force and very few can manage that.

Tyrion still has a weird moral code, and a twisted consience that limit him, even Cersei was against trowing Bran out of the window, but Jaime not only did it, he went on to mock the mother of the boy in her face...

1 hour ago, Arthur Peres said:

Jaime.

He is too amoral, to be stoped by right and wrong, he has no compasion and is used to bloodshed.

He is also too brave and has a tendency to fight instead of flee even in lost situations like it was at the Whispering Woods, and he was a great fighter....

So nothing conventional can stop him, only brute force and very few can manage that.

Tyrion still has a weird moral code, and a twisted consience that limit him, even Cersei was against trowing Bran out of the window, but Jaime not only did it, he went on to mock the mother of the boy in her face...

You’re forgetting that Jaime is changing, arguably for the better. Cersei is getting worse. She’s the Mad Queen who sees treachery and enemies at every turn, and she’s going to have the power to unleash hell upon the Seven Kingdoms. And even if she doesn’t directly do the damage, her chaos will allow others to do it. Meanwhile, Jaime has gone from throwing a kid off a tower for Cersei to burning her letters and leaving her to her fate.

28 minutes ago, Canon Claude said:

You’re forgetting that Jaime is changing, arguably for the better. Cersei is getting worse. She’s the Mad Queen who sees treachery and enemies at every turn, and she’s going to have the power to unleash hell upon the Seven Kingdoms. And even if she doesn’t directly do the damage, her chaos will allow others to do it. Meanwhile, Jaime has gone from throwing a kid off a tower for Cersei to burning her letters and leaving her to her fate.

"Arguably" being the key word here.

He could just as much be turning even worst and cutting ties with the last two relationships that he had, with Tyrion and Cersei. He shows no sign of regreat for his actions and openly mocks Lancel and his attempt of redemption.

Tyrion can be the most dangerous one if he chooses to be , simply because he is far more intelligent than his siblings to know where to hit whilst facing an enemy. Cersei and Jaimie both are able to be vile and dangerous foes ,Cersei because she doesn't have much of a moral ground and Jaimie because he is rash, but none of them can be quite as dangerous foes as Tyrion can.

1 hour ago, EggBlue said:

Tyrion can be the most dangerous one if he chooses to be , simply because he is far more intelligent than his siblings to know where to hit whilst facing an enemy. Cersei and Jaimie both are able to be vile and dangerous foes ,Cersei because she doesn't have much of a moral ground and Jaimie because he is rash, but none of them can be quite as dangerous foes as Tyrion can.

Agreed. Tyrion is by far the most dangerous one. Especially now, because he has no loyalty to anyone anymore and he has abandoned many of his ethics. He's already sent fAegon to go run amok in the Stormlands, and we still don't actually know whether he did that in good faith, either to fAegon or to King's Landing. He's just doing shit for the hell of it, it seems, and that's terrifying when you realise that Tyrion is in the perfect position; he's smarter than most, while also being constantly underestimated because of his physical appearance and a soiled reputation which he didn't earn. Cersei will do a lot of damage, but Tyrion will be the game-changer, for whichever side he chooses. 

2 hours ago, Arthur Peres said:

He shows no sign of regreat for his actions and openly mocks Lancel and his attempt of redemption.

To be fair, Lancel is a joke. He is wildly immature, and prone to melodrama. He goes from being a deceitful hypocrite to a religious fanatic in the span of less than a year. And even if you don't consider religious fanaticism to be a negative thing, his redemption is also self-serving, to get him out of a really awful situation. 

5 hours ago, Arthur Peres said:

Jaime.

Agree

15 hours ago, Floki of the Ironborn said:

Agreed. Tyrion is by far the most dangerous one. Especially now, because he has no loyalty to anyone anymore and he has abandoned many of his ethics. He's already sent fAegon to go run amok in the Stormlands, and we still don't actually know whether he did that in good faith, either to fAegon or to King's Landing. He's just doing shit for the hell of it, it seems, and that's terrifying when you realise that Tyrion is in the perfect position; he's smarter than most, while also being constantly underestimated because of his physical appearance and a soiled reputation which he didn't earn. Cersei will do a lot of damage, but Tyrion will be the game-changer, for whichever side he chooses. 

After rereading Tyrion's Dance chapters, I'm personally convinced that Tyrion did not do that in good faith. He just wants revenge against his family and the realm and every concentrated thing that he did or tried to do in the first 2/3rd of his story in Dance was done to spite his family.

Letting the fAegon and the Golden Company loose on the 7K is to sow chaos and misery on a land and a people that are exhausted and burnt out from war--particularly the Lannisters. Tyrion is later shocked that fAegon even took the bait.

I think Tyrion is the most dangerous one because he's the smartest and the most manipulative. Cersei is a close runner-up because of how mean and idiotic she is.

On 6/13/2022 at 5:14 PM, Arthur Peres said:

Jaime.

that isnt true cersei wanted bran to be pushed  cersei was why jaime pushed bran she told him to do so nonverbally like she sent the nonverbal message to make sure jon died

In this thread, I want to explore the lies Cersei told to others or herself, which should enable us to understand more about the obvious or canon information related to her.

“He saw us,” the woman said shrilly.

“So he did,” the man said.

Bran’s fingers started to slip. He grabbed the ledge with his other hand. Fingernails dug into unyielding stone. The man reached down. “Take my hand,” he said. “Before you fall.”

Bran seized his arm and held on tight with all his strength. The man yanked him up to the ledge. “What are you doing?” the woman demanded.

The man ignored her. He was very strong. He stood Bran up on the sill. “How old are you, boy?”

“Seven,” Bran said, shaking with relief. His fingers had dug deep gouges in the man’s forearm. He let go sheepishly.

The man looked over at the woman. “The things I do for love,” he said with loathing. He gave Bran a shove.

Before Jaime pushed Bran out of the window, he looked at Cersei. He loathed the act but still pushed Bran out of the window. Cersei is known to make her point without saying the words. There is another example of this.

“Yes,” he [Pycelle] wimpered, “yes, Colemon was purging, so I sent him away. The queen needed Lord Arryn dead, she did not say so, could not, Varys was listening, always listening, but when I looked at her I knew. It was not me who gave him the poison, though, I swear it.”

Now let us see the first time Jaime and Cersei talking about Bran.

“I’m not ashamed of loving you, only of the things I’ve done to hide it. That boy at Winterfell . . .”

“Did I tell you to throw him out the window? If you’d gone hunting as I begged you, nothing would have happened. But no, you had to have me, you could not wait until we returned to the city.”

Cersei not only lies, but also puts the blame on Jaime to make him ashamed of himself more. She definitely wanted Bran dead. She definitely said this to Jaime without saying the words. Jaime looked at her and understood it just like Pycelle understood that Jon Arryn must die. And Cersei denies them all.

Cersei admits that she lied to Jaime a thousand times.

“Dwarfs don’t lie, is that what you think?”

“Not to me. No more than you would.”

)“You great golden fool. He’s lied to you a thousand times, and so have I.”

We know that Cersei is a liar and her promises worth shit.

she only said she didnt want bran dead when he survived it was an act

jaime was the one who was agaiinst bran being thrown but only did it because he didnt have a choice  ( dont give me the well if he didnt want to put in that position he shouldnt have slept with cersei that is irrelevant

8 hours ago, silverwolf22 said:

Before Jaime pushed Bran out of the window, he looked at Cersei. He loathed the act but still pushed Bran out of the window. Cersei is known to make her point without saying the words. There is another example of this.

Both Jaime and Pycelle are taking the conclusion they want out of Cersei. He looking at Cersei doesn't mean she gave her consent.

8 hours ago, silverwolf22 said:

We know that Cersei is a liar and her promises worth shit.

So is Jaime.

There's nothing in Cersei's pov that says she wanted the kid killed

Btw, Tyrion by far. Jaime is far too malleable.

The rapidity with which he has adapted makes me suspect Jaime is as intelligent as his father or brother but was previously pretty single-minded and driven re: fighting, and at that he was possibly the most feared fighter in Westeros. He also demonstrated great military leadership with a weakness for personal recklessness and impatience…something he has already overcome in the short time since losing his hand.

I think if he somehow got his hand back or pulls a QHH, it’s him by a mile. Without it you have this weird composite of two flawed/limited halves where each half lacks the other’s strength, and I don’t know. I’ll also say he is the least motivated to be dangerous atm. 

I will say this, though…if the theory about hand/beauty/tongue is true, Jaime will be much more dangerous without his strength than Tyrion and Cersei would be without theirs. Cersei holds the most political power atm, but she’s destined to lose her children which is the source of that political power, but she might deal out a lot of Aerys-ish damage in the meantime. Aside from the danger via political power + batshit, though, she’s the least dangerous because she keeps scoring goals on her own end. In the same way your respect for Jaime’s intelligence and ethos is increased by him becoming a pov character, Cersei’s is probably the most extreme version going the other way…she makes terrible decisions for terrible reasons and learns nothing from her mistakes because she never owns them. Her inner voice’s degree of obsession with herself and her grievances and what she deserves is surpassed only by Stannis’ external voice…)imagine seeing inside THAT head?)

Anyways, this leaves Tyrion. I think he is most likely to do the most damage because he’s neither as batshit self-destructive as Cersei or as new to becoming a player without his greatest prior strength as Jaime. So, caveat* aside, I think it has to be Tyrion…he’s the only one playing to the same strengths he’s always relied on. And he’s getting closer and closer to potential dragon-power, the single most dangerous thing in the ASOIAF world.

*I know it’s outside the scope, but if you include him Tywin was the Lannister you’d least want for an enemy.

35 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

He also demonstrated great military leadership with a weakness for personal recklessness and impatience…something he has already overcome in the short time since losing his hand.

Eh, he's certainly more calm now but that's about it. He won the Goldentooth by overwhelming his enemies with more than 3 to 1 of advantage and he wins Riverrun by threatening to yeet a newborn with a trebuchet...

Genna Lannister suma him up well.

Don't really know what's James's danger compared to his more solid siblings.

Cersei is batshit crazy and Tyrion is far more intelligent and determined.

Archived