The next direwolf to die will be

Ghost will live long enough for Jon to carry out his revenge and bring mass deaths to the North before he expires for good.  Nymeria will unite with Arya one more time before they perish in the act of checking her People-to-kill List. 

Summer will be the next direwolf to die.  Bran's story echoes the Last Hero.  Hero to the Ice that is.  A direwolf dies whenever the Stark kids do something bad. Sansa lied and covered for Joffrey, Lady dies.  Robb betrays old Lord Walder and his wolf dies.  Bran will do something sinful.  Summer will pay the price. 

18 hours ago, Only 89 selfies today said:

Ghost will live long enough for Jon to carry out his revenge and bring mass deaths to the North before he expires for good.  Nymeria will unite with Arya one more time before they perish in the act of checking her People-to-kill List. 

Summer will be the next direwolf to die.  Bran's story echoes the Last Hero.  Hero to the Ice that is.  A direwolf dies whenever the Stark kids do something bad. Sansa lied and covered for Joffrey, Lady dies.  Robb betrays old Lord Walder and his wolf dies.  Bran will do something sinful.  Summer will pay the price. 

You forgot Shaggydog.

On 6/14/2022 at 1:53 AM, Only 89 selfies today said:

Bowen Marsh is aware of how dangerous and temperamental Jon’s dire wolf is. He will need to get rid of Ghost as soon as possible. 

55 minutes ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Bowen Marsh is aware of how dangerous and temperamental Jon’s dire wolf is. He will need to get rid of Ghost as soon as possible. 

I'm sure the guy who demonstrates the advanced kind of thinking of stabbing his Lord Commander in plain sight of the entire castle will definitely demonstrated the planning necessary to tie up loose ends like Ghost.

I actually think that Shaggydog and Nymeria will survive the main series. I expect that they'll be dead in the Epilogue

But I do think Ghost will die. Not until A Dream of Spring. When Jon's identity as a legitimized bastard of Eddard Stark dies, that will be around the same time Ghost will die.

On 6/14/2022 at 12:53 AM, Only 89 selfies today said:

Flawed.

Arya has done a lot of bad things and Nymeria is still kicking.

It is not when they do something bad.  It is specific to the sin of betrayal.  When the Stark nits betray somebody their direwolf dies.  Ghost dies next because Jon betrayed the NW.  Summer will die soon after Bran betrays Bloodraven.  

On 6/15/2022 at 10:09 AM, Lord Lannister said:

I'm sure the guy who demonstrates the advanced kind of thinking of stabbing his Lord Commander in plain sight of the entire castle will definitely demonstrated the planning necessary to tie up loose ends like Ghost.

You are shorting Bowen Marsh. If he spares Ghost it will be due to his human decency.  

A better question to present should be which of the Starks will die next.  The direwolves will outlive the Starks.  The Starks will die and get granted a second life as direwolves.  Jon has died and will become a wight.  The next Stark to die is Sansa.  

The wolves will be the vessels for the souls of the Starks when they start dying in the pages of the last book.  The only wolf who will die soon is Summer.  The tree will be the repository for Bran's soul.

On 6/15/2022 at 11:12 AM, BlackLightning said:

I actually think that Shaggydog and Nymeria will survive the main series. I expect that they'll be dead in the Epilogue

But I do think Ghost will die. Not until A Dream of Spring. When Jon's identity as a legitimized bastard of Eddard Stark dies, that will be around the same time Ghost will die.

Flawed.

Arya has done a lot of bad things and Nymeria is still kicking.

Indeed, Arya is the worst of the lot and her wolf is still living.  Albeit showing symptoms of instability. 

Summer

1 minute ago, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

I'm ready to be wrong about everything I've ever said, as long as we get TWoW.

Love the attitude. Now tell me how to pronounce your name, cause it takes away my attention for real. Is it the name of some polish martial art?

On 6/20/2022 at 2:44 PM, Daeron the Daring said:

The more I read this forum, the more I want TWOW, but not because the book itself. I'll be so here to tell people how wrong they were.

Me too. I just want the series to end, so I can laugh in these fellows' faces while they fume that Daenerys didn't take over the whole damn planet, and the galaxy while she's at it. 

Archived