The next direwolf to die will be

1 hour ago, Reekazoid said:

Into the dark side of what?

The Force, the Sith are coming, Darth Starkious

3 hours ago, Darth Sidious said:

Can you see Walder using the direwolf for a blanket?

I can see Nymeria donating a patch of her arse skin to keep him warm and alive (he's shrivelled to the size of Tyrion's cock anyway)till they all arrive :devil:

3 hours ago, Bowen Marsh said:

I wonder what happened to Robb's head and his wolf's pelt.  Roose is a collector of such things. 

Robb's head is sitting atop Robert Strong's neck and shoulders, because Gregor's original head  was polished up and sent to Drone.  It is known.

In reply to OP's actual question - statistically speaking I believe that if any direwolves are going to die it would likely be Nymeria. Summer is beyond the wall, where he has plenty of space to get away from things that kill dire wolves... not that many things can.  He also has a human intellect from Bran to guide him through some of the tricky bits. I am sure he will be fine.

Ghost may or may not be the host with the most at the moment. If he has Jon riding along for a bit, there is a good chance that he can navigate the immediate challenge of survival.  Even without Jon, Ghost is a pretty capable opearator in his own right. Survival chances are high, as he has the whole North to run away into.

Shaggydog is on Skagos cavorting with unicorns and feral Stark children and such so he is probably pretty safe.

Nymeria is not only in a (somewhat less now) populated quarter of the continent, but she has made a nuisance of herself and has whipped her megapack up into highly noticeable effectiveness. Eventually someone will regain control of the Riverlands, and unless that someone is the Great Other, they are bound to do something about the enormous wolf pack sooner or later.

On 9/3/2022 at 4:19 AM, Craving Peaches said:

If the wolves are supposed to die when the Starks 'betray' someone, then it follows that the dragons will die when Daenerys 'betrays' someone. The three treasons actually refer to three betrayals Daenerys will commit - one for each dragon death.

Treason for blood = death of Rhaegal

Treason for gold = death of Viserion

Treason for love = death of Drogon

This is interesting. I've long bought into the idea that the betrayals will be the dragons taking riders and leaving Dany, but Dany as the betrayer puts a different spin on things.

Summer will End.  So yes, Summer will die.  It is the symbolic end to summer and the arrival of winter.  The deaths of the direwolves indicates the passing of an important event.  The death of Lady exposed the hubris and hypocrisy of the Starks.  Greywind, the grey morality of Robb Stark and the fall of his house.  Summer's death will sever Bran's connection to warmth and bring winter. 

2 hours ago, The Lord of the Crossing said:

Summer will End.  So yes, Summer will die.  It is the symbolic end to summer and the arrival of winter.

Summer has already ended and the wolf is still alive and well. Winter is here and we haven't heard that Summer is not alive.

2 hours ago, The Lord of the Crossing said:

The death of Lady exposed the hubris and hypocrisy of the Starks.

What hubris? What hypocrisy?

On 9/6/2022 at 9:43 AM, Reekazoid said:

Robb's head is sitting atop Robert Strong's neck and shoulders, because Gregor's original head  was polished up and sent to Drone.  It is known.

The skull in Dorne is too large. I won’t be surprised if it came from a giant.

Roose is savage and has the nasty custom of keeping skins. The body parts are in the Dreadfort. 

Off the topic, but Davos carrying his fingers is sick. He’s so grateful where he’s a little sick for a small mercy from Lord Stannis. 

12 hours ago, Craving Peaches said:

I have read suggestions that it is in fact King Robert's head on his body.

Robert is a little more likely than Robb. Because he died at KL. We could also imagine the Freys sent Robb's head to KL. For proof of their allegiance. But as it was a betrayal of the guest's right and no one would want to be part of it, it's less likely.

It should more logically be some's head who died since Qyburn is in KL. Who?

On 9/3/2022 at 5:00 AM, Craving Peaches said:

Where is the evidence that Jon and Arya will betray the North?

Jon has already betrayed the entire of Westeros.  He misused his command to carry out vendetta against the former political enemies of the Starks. He betrayed the watch by allowing Mance Rayder to go free and unpunished.  

11 hours ago, Bowen 747 said:

Jon has already betrayed the entire of Westeros.  He misused his command to carry out vendetta against the former political enemies of the Starks. He betrayed the watch by allowing Mance Rayder to go free and unpunished.

I can't see how these count as betraying the whole of Westeros. Jon is trying to save the whole of Westeros by ensuring the White Walkers have as few people in their army of wights as possible by letting the wildlings come south of the wall. Jon's actions with regards to Arya may or may not have been outside the scope of his position as Lord Commander but I can't see how he's betraying the whole of Westeros by doing so. And how is Arya going to betray the North?

Archived