The next direwolf to die will be

• 1 month later...
On 6/21/2022 at 7:46 PM, Jaenara Belarys said:

Me too. I just want the series to end, so I can laugh in these fellows' faces while they fume that Daenerys didn't take over the whole damn planet, and the galaxy while she's at it. 

:lol:

Well said. No white supremacist inbred empress of the universe. This circle jerk will vanish for good, but hopefully not before they can be laughed at mercilessly. 

44 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

:lol:

Well said. No white supremacist inbred empress of the universe. This circle jerk will vanish for good, but hopefully not before they can be laughed at mercilessly. 

Don't get me wrong, I love Dany, she's my favorite, but expecting world conquest is ridiculous. 

12 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

Don't get me wrong, I love Dany, she's my favorite, but expecting world conquest is ridiculous. 

I like the character, but am so beyond tired of people denying what’s in the text in favour of a pipe dream that will never happen. Plenty of intelligent & interesting Dany fans around, but the definition certainly doesn’t apply to the circle jerk I was referring to. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ghost could be the next in line, given Mel succeeds in manipulating Jon’s lifeless body through her charms.

GRRM made a point showing us her interaction with the wolf. Beside Jon she seems to be the only person who really gets along with Ghost there. So if Mel‘s mind inhabits Jon‘s body no one would note a difference in the animal’s behaviour.

But.

If Mel as Jon makes krass changes about his persona, say accepting Stannis‘ offers and marring Val, then Jon‘s ghost would rebel. On the outside then the wolf would suddenly turn against Jon and be killed by him. When it’s truly Melisandre surpassing Jon as a hero for good by destroying his mind’s save space Ghost. (Jon possibly finds his way out of annihilation though.)

31 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:

Unintentional? coming from you, most probably. Shaggy is not half as cool as Shagga Son of Dolf though. Double the ferocity, yeah

Intentional. I definitely agree with what you say but apart from that: Shagga, son of Dolf(reminds wolf), member of the Stone Crows(Crow, a derogatory name for NW members which two "wolves", Jon and Benjen are part of).

I think something is definitely going on here with this naming but can't tell what.

48 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

:D It’s fine, place is full of them but I must admit never seen one hating the Vale clansmen.

Dont give them ideas! They'll publish a treatise on how they share same blood and other (racistly derived) similar characteristics 

11 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:

Dont give them ideas! They'll publish a treatise on how they share same blood and other (racistly derived) similar characteristics 

I can see it now, a new thread "The Starks and their relation to the Vale Savages". Then we will be told that they all are related to Craster and sacrifice babies to the evil trees until the TargAryan saviours came to end the practice.

Archived