What’s a popular theory you fervently hope doesn’t come true?

Canon Claude

1 hour ago, Wolfcrow said:

I am guessing you're gonna be dissapointed. At this point it's 99.9% a fact.

in light of fan-fic hater George greenlighting a show about J part of RLJ equation , I'd say it is a 100% fact , as boring it is in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, EggBlue said:

in light of fan-fic hater George greenlighting a show about J part of RLJ equation , I'd say it is a 100% fact , as boring it is in my opinion.

Dany being the daughter of Rhaegar and Rhaella would be more interesting.

1 hour ago, SeanF said:

Dany being the daughter of Rhaegar and Rhaella would be more interesting.

The one thing I hope I never see in ASOIAF is Targaryens screwing their children/parents. Of course this would be different if we were introduced to that as well from the very beginning, but I assume it still would've sounded like a rape sect.

That Jon dies from his mutiny and then gets resurrected. It's soooo dumb. But people seem to just take it for granted that he died, and I don't think so. Bait and switch. He's going to be incapacitated if not permanently maimed and meet the three-eyed-crow or bran in his coma, actualizing his warging abilities. 

If Ser Barristan dies, I don't want it to be anything like how he dies on the show, which was possibly the worst change the show made, from the books, IMO

I also am not a huge fan of the Jojen paste theory. It seems like a complete waste for his character.

I'd also prefer Dany to not turn into a supervillain like she does on the tv show, but odds are that's going to happen, since GRRM told D&D how this whole story is suppose to end.

On 6/26/2022 at 9:51 PM, Daeron the Daring said:

The one thing I hope I never see in ASOIAF is Targaryens screwing their children/parents. Of course this would be different if we were introduced to that as well from the very beginning, but I assume it still would've sounded like a rape sect.

I’d view it more as Rhaegar offering Rhaella comfort sex, after her ill treatment at Aerys’ hands.

3 hours ago, sifth said:

If Ser Barristan dies, I don't want it to be anything like how he dies on the show, which was possibly the worst change the show made, from the books, IMO

I also am not a huge fan of the Jojen paste theory. It seems like a complete waste for his character.

I'd also prefer Dany to not turn into a supervillain like she does on the tv show, but odds are that's going to happen, since GRRM told D&D how this whole story is suppose to end.

Dany and the Starks being ultimately antagonists to each other, due to opposing political goals, is entirely feasible.  But, neither side has to be crudely vilified to achieve that.

4 hours ago, SeanF said:

I’d view it more as Rhaegar offering Rhaella comfort sex, after her ill treatment at Aerys’ hands.

That's even worse! Why would he even do that? Why not just comfort his own mother in a different way?

8 minutes ago, Daeron the Daring said:

That's even worse! Why would he even do that? Why not just comfort his own mother in a different way?

Well, they’re Targaryens, and they’re both smoking hot.

10 hours ago, sifth said:

Judging by the 1993 outline, Dany was originally supposed to be more villainous. I guess GRRM postponed it, or decided to add more nuance to things by making her more sympathetic in the beginning.

7 minutes ago, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

Judging by the 1993 outline, Dany was originally supposed to be more villainous. I guess GRRM postponed it, or decided to add more nuance to things by making her more sympathetic in the beginning.

Jaime and Sansa were also a lot more villainous in that outline.  And, both characters are highly unsympathetic in Book 1.

29 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Jaime and Sansa were also a lot more villainous in that outline.  And, both characters are highly unsympathetic in Book 1.

I mean Sansa is, towards the end of the first book. Her final chapter is heart breaking.

Archived