Best of the Internet Next Thread

Fragile Bird

39 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

almost makes me want to buy a bottle of the stuff (I’ve pretty well given up hard liquor).

Me too. With the exception of the occasional, thank you!, martini.  Sometimes only a martini will do. But only one.  That peculiar sensation of peace, relaxation that comes to me about a quarter - third slow way into Vera's special martini -- only that.

My goodness -- has there ever been such as celebration in the history of the world of shedding James Bond than Craig's?  With his Knives Out etc., he's made it truly clear, he did not want to be Bond anymore!  I admire him for that -- and I will be honest too -- I like his Bonds a lot.

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

Funny, he sounds like a Canadian, out of beef and weed. Weed isn’t legal in Mew York state, is it? 

Did you see the eye-check he did after the weed crack though? Dude is either a Canadian expat or sleepy agent.

11 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Who the fuck deep fries a turkey? Is this really a thing? Or is every single one of these people a stone cold idiot?

It's definitely it's own thing. Tried it once and it was ridiculously good though. Just, the juiciest turkey ever. That sear is almost an absolute seal.

These unfortunates look like they didn't reckon the liquid displacement. Didn't think it through.  

2 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Who the fuck deep fries a turkey? Is this really a thing? Or is every single one of these people a stone cold idiot?

It’s been a real thing in the US for quite some time now, and then in Canada. But it’s tricky. However, as mentioned, the meat is supposed to be very delicious. I’ve never had it.

10 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

It’s been a real thing in the US for quite some time now, and then in Canada. But it’s tricky. However, as mentioned, the meat is supposed to be very delicious. I’ve never had it.

Come to Louisiana, where they invented that, I think.  It is good.  But one needs, shall we say, serious space, which we wouldn't have up here.