Best of the Internet Next Thread

Fragile Bird

@Spockydog, Ha! There are two doctors like this at the hospital I work at. Dr. Slaughter, a surgeon who is incredibly nice, and Dr. Kind, who is a complete asshole. 

Edited by Tywin et al.

Yea, this is just creepy as fuck.

The 5th Young One: Pay No Attention to the Girl Behind the Sofa

In the early hours of Saturday morning, ignoring the blare of children’s television, I muzzily and reflexively poked at the Twitter icon on the battered screen of my knackered phone. Down I scrolled through the dozens and dozens of updates I’d missed during my five or so hours of child-interrupted sleep until I came upon one by comic artist Jamie Smart. It read

Oh my god. There was a fifth housemate in The Young Ones and she was terrifying.

Huh? I blinked, took a big swig of my bitter, luke-warm, instant coffee, and clicked the link Jamie had posted.

On Business Insider Australia I read the headline REVEALED: There really was a creepy fifth housemate lurking in cult British TV show The Young Ones. The article had been posted that very morning (18th June, 2016). What the…?

I mean, along with the video for Lionel Richie's All Night Long, I had that shit on Ultimate VHS Mega Repeat back in the 80s. I don't remember no creepy-ass Ringu-looking motherfucker.

Edited by Spockydog

On 8/20/2022 at 10:26 AM, Tywin et al. said:

@Spockydog, Ha! There are two doctors like this at the hospital I work at. Dr. Slaughter, a surgeon who is incredibly nice, and Dr. Kind, who is a complete asshole. 

I have seen a Dr Killer on a surgery list.

When my father went to a one class schoolroom he had a female teacher Miss Sweet and a male head teacher Mr Cane.

Just asked around and 9/10 Westeros boarders interviewed said that if you read all of my posts in chronological order that those posts comprise The Best of the Internet.  Some have been eaten by the board, that's your loss.

Thank you in advance for the recognition and congratulations, it's much appreciated and would be kind of fucked up if you hadn't acknowledged, so I do appreciate it.  

4 hours ago, Larry of the Lake said:

Just asked around and 9/10 Westeros boarders interviewed said that if you read all of my posts in chronological order that those posts comprise The Best of the Internet.  Some have been eaten by the board, that's your loss.

Thank you in advance for the recognition and congratulations, it's much appreciated and would be kind of fucked up if you hadn't acknowledged, so I do appreciate it.  

What's your name again?  Do I know you?

I live across the street from a nice little subdivision lake, and every summer a few couples raise some goslings right on the lakeside. Quite adorable, certainly. As I look out the window now, there are approximately forty geese. 30 of which are milling around on the street.

You're a New Yorker - I routinely tell people in my hometown here that ask about the city that my actual worst, loudest neighbors are not in Queens, they're Canada geese here in Illinois that refuse to get of the way of my car every goddamn morning all summer.

49 minutes ago, Argonath Diver said:

You're a New Yorker - I routinely tell people in my hometown here that ask about the city that my actual worst, loudest neighbors are not in Queens, they're Canada geese here in Illinois that refuse to get of the way of my car every goddamn morning all summer.

I grew up with geese; thus know well their good, their bad, their ugly. There is a reason I call geese the Original Gangsters, who were Ancient Rome's guardians.

I also lived for a time on the Eastern Shore (Chesapeak), where they come to glean before flying further, but now, with less snow, etc., they are tending to stay, and they are a menace.

They are also beyond a nuisance here in NYC, to our parks and the airport runways.