HBO Developing Jon Snow Sequel Series

Ser Drewy

I believe GRRM still has veto power over any TV/spin-off project, and has previously rejected any sequel proposal as being nothing he's interested in. I assume if this is moving forwards to the development stage, someone has come up with a good idea that he and HBO are interested in seeing more of.

It doesn't mean it will be greenlit though. It's also unclear if this is an ongoing series idea or a one-off mini-series with a set beginning and end (like Obi-Wan).

5 hours ago, Werthead said:

I believe GRRM still has veto power over any TV/spin-off project, and has previously rejected any sequel proposal as being nothing he's interested in. I assume if this is moving forwards to the development stage, someone has come up with a good idea that he and HBO are interested in seeing more of.

It doesn't mean it will be greenlit though. It's also unclear if this is an ongoing series idea or a one-off mini-series with a set beginning and end (like Obi-Wan).

But the fact that it's even remotely on the cards indicates that the negative reaction to season 8 doesn't bother HBO as much as people think. Or that the reaction from the general public wasn't as negative as we in the fan bubble think.

7 minutes ago, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

But the fact that it's even remotely on the cards indicates that the negative reaction to season 8 doesn't bother HBO as much as people think. Or that the reaction from the general public wasn't as negative as we in the fan bubble think.

Maybe they think they can “fix” season 8.  Season 8 was not as unpopular as some of us think, but criticism was still very fierce.  

5 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Maybe they think they can “fix” season 8.  Season 8 was not as unpopular as some of us think, but criticism was still very fierce.  

The first half of Season 8 was regarded as decent (the lowest on Rotten Tomatoes was The Long Night with a 74%), but the second half took a sharp nosedive.

1 minute ago, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

But that's the thing, who is to say that they won't butcher it even more?

I don't see how they could make it any worse.

43 minutes ago, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

If there is anything that Hollywood has proven over the last few years it's that the bar is never too low. :(

The new improved WW besiege Sansa in Winterfell.  They break into the castle, and tear off her clothes in order to rape her.  Just in time, Jon mounts Drogon, and rescues her. Together, they lead an army of ewoks to liberate the North.

Yes, it can always get worse.

It's sad to see HBO debase themselves like this.

But whatever. Shows like Obi-Wan Kenobi and pretty much Marvel's entire roster, which are shows as bland and utterly devoid of intelligence and personality as you can get, all seem to be a hit, so I guess vomiting effluvia is the smart way to go.

7 hours ago, SeanF said:

They could have a Jon/Sansa romance.:ack:

If I remember correctly, Sophie was extremely anti-Jonsa. I don’t think she’d agree to come back if that was the plan.

If I had to guess, they’ll introduce Val as a love interest, or a character just like her with a different name. If Sansa is a main character, they’ll probably introduce a character just like book-Hound, but with a different name and closer in age. Maisie recently said that she thought Arya was queer prior to S8, so if she comes back she’ll probably fall in love with a woman. And honestly, go for it. It’s all fanfiction at this point, they might as well go the crazy route rather than more of the monotonous boredom that became the norm during the later seasons of GOT.

Do you guys think we’re gonna get an ice dragon? :P

17 hours ago, Darryk said:

I wouldn't be totally against it to be honest, just cause the ending was so bad and they butchered the Jon Snow and White Walker storyline.

They did butcher Jon Snow, probably worse than any other character.  He was made pretty stupid, following his resurrection, and fundamentally lacking in moral courage.  They made him a failure, both as a king and as a man.

It would require outstandingly good writing to make this spin-off worthwhile.

Archived