What the story misses.

Bilakos

Welcome Bilakos.  Everyone gets something different from the story.  I'm still waiting for those funky Others to belly up to the camp fire.   No.   ASOIAF lost none of it's appeal even when Jon was stabbed and Euron started killing everyone.   Tywin was a great villain and I loved to hate him.  Now that Tywin is gone I can really enjoy Cersei.    

On 6/21/2022 at 4:56 AM, Bilakos said:

Do you believe that after the death of Joffrey, Tywin and Robb the story lose some of its appeal? And also Τyrion and Littlefinger absence from Kings Landing

Tyrion became more interesting, more appealing after his story took him to Essos. KL choked his character and limited his story. His character grew and developed during the journey to Meereen.  

On 6/21/2022 at 11:56 AM, Bilakos said:

Do you believe that after the death of Joffrey, Tywin and Robb the story lose some of its appeal? And also Τyrion and Littlefinger absence from Kings Landing

No. It just makes it even more interesting. The Lannister's situation becomes extremely interesting to me if/when Tyrion will remain the last living descendant of Tywin.

Of course the death of Robb discouraged me when I watched the show (I read the books after watching the show), but George knows how to throw another bite so we can chew on something else immediately, sometimes closely related to that maimed plotline.

Archived