Will Cersei try to kill herself?

Zzz_243

Regarding this part of the prophecy given to Cersei:

"And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."

I wonder if the "tears" are the tears of Lys and that means that Cersei will try to kill herself with poison.

2 hours ago, Zzz_243 said:

"And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."

I wonder if the "tears" are the tears of Lys and that means that Cersei will try to kill herself with poison.

The pale white throat does suggest death, although her skin is described as "fair."

4 hours ago, Zzz_243 said:

What need for a valonqar, then? 

But pale white might mean medieval patrician fairness or something Other. 

I think it would fit with her narcissism. What toll will that walk of shame of hers take as time goes by?  I can't see her surrendering herself to be exposed to that or worse again so suicide might be the best option she sees when everything finally closes in on her. Who knows? It may turn out to be her one redeeming act.

7 minutes ago, LynnS said:

I wonder if she will end up un-dead, courtesy of Euron and Qyburn.

Maybe she commits suicide, becomes undead via White Walkers' necromancy and is ultimately 'killed' by Jaime or Tyrion?

I mean, being drowned means you're dead.

1 hour ago, Daeron the Daring said:

Maybe she commits suicide, becomes undead via White Walkers' necromancy and is ultimately 'killed' by Jaime or Tyrion?

I mean, being drowned means you're dead.

Perhaps.  If I just imagine what could happen; she could end up Euron's corpse bride and does anyone think, Qyburn will stop making golems after his success with Robert Strong?  I think Euron would find it amusing.  Then yes, dispatching undead Cersei would be something that falls into "the things I do for love" category.  I'll go out on a limb and say Arya must do the same for Lady Stoneheart and Sandor for Robert Strong.  Not forgetting that the last fire that Dany must light will also be "for love".  Except that Arya, Jaime and Sandor will be very different characters and the action they take will not be for hatred or revenge but for love.

I thought that she might kill herself after her plans fails and KL is about to fall. But then there the valonqar part, does that mean she will be reanimated? Also, in the House of Black and White Arya sees a weeping men who is stabbed and already dead.

15 minutes ago, Zzz_243 said:

I thought that she might kill herself after her plans fails and KL is about to fall. But then there the valonqar part, does that mean she will be reanimated? Also, in the House of Black and White Arya sees a weeping men who is stabbed and already dead.

I'm just throwing ideas around.  I think she will end up in Euron's orbit at some point.  She surrounds herself with dangerous friends and Euron could offer her anything she wants.  But his gifts are poison and he's not above turning her over to Qyburn.   So if this is the road GRRM takes, then the valonqar is not who Cersei thinks it is and in the end; the right thing is to release the part of her soul that is trapped.  I can see Jaimie in that role. 

I'm not sure about the weeping man that Arya sees in the House of Black and White.  I don't recall this passage.

The only way I could see Cersei willingly killing herself is if she has nothing left to lose AND she'd be able to take a lot of people she hates with her. 

So if burning herself(and everyone else) with wildfire counts as suicide, then yes she'd be willing to kill herself.

Welcome, @Zzz_243.   No, I can't see power mad Cersei ever killing herself.   She is a woman with a mission.  She's believes she is her father's daughter.   Even locked away by the Sparrows, her despair never reached doing herself harm.  It is always harm to others and coming out on top.   Cersei is the smartest person in every room in her own mind.   She simply is not self destructive in ways obvious to herself. 

As to this prophecy, Cersei killed her best friend immediately following the consultation.  The world is Cersei Lannister's oyster.   She is too egotistic to know when she's beat.  Someone's younger sibling will have to do her in.  

• 1 month later...
On 6/22/2022 at 5:31 AM, Zzz_243 said:

And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.

Wow, what a prophecy:  so vivid, and yet so vague!

No one drowns in their own tears, or in the tears of Lys. So I think we can consider that first part to be just a figure of speech, meaning "after you have grieved for all your children." 

Maggy said "the valonqar," not "your valonqar."  So it could be any man or boy who has, or had at one time, an older brother or sister:  Tyrion, Jaime, Loras, Stannis, Euron, Sandor, etc. etc.

Still, the wording implies that the killer will be someone with some relationship to Cersei, someone known to her,  not just any random man with an older sibling.   Tyrion seems to want her dead, although I think he's probably not the killer, just because it's so obvious.  Jaime ("The things I do for love") is probably capable of it, if he's angry enough.  Maybe he'll catch her abed with one of the Kettleblacks. Or Moon Boy.

Archived