GRRM Confirms SNOW In Development

Westeros

On 6/29/2022 at 6:06 PM, The Dragon Demands said:

Well Martin came up with the idea right after the late 1980s so....I think we're talking Highlander rules.

I saw you made a few different announcements for a big Rhaenyra plot leak but then took them down. I was really looking forward to it, so I’m pretty disappointed. Are you going to upload the video? If you’re worried about it getting taken down, just call it a rumor or speculation. The only way it would be a copyright infringement is if you shared unreleased photos/video.

Oh...um...the leak was so big, so controversial, and so accurate...that the behind the scenes crowd sharing spy reports over on the subreddit was hesitant to make it public...then someone blabbed about it on Twitter. HBO finally took notice and initiated a purge across Twitter, Reddit, possibly YouTube as well, scouring all major spy reports.

I won't share it now, after that backlash. I'll only say that I think it's real, and that as a book reader I didn't have a problem with it.

37 minutes ago, The Dragon Demands said:

Oh...um...the leak was so big, so controversial, and so accurate...that the behind the scenes crowd sharing spy reports over on the subreddit was hesitant to make it public...then someone blabbed about it on Twitter. HBO finally took notice and initiated a purge across Twitter, Reddit, possibly YouTube as well, scouring all major spy reports.

I pre-emptively took down my other spy reports for fear of getting a copyright strike. They were that accurate.

We were convinced of its accuracy because it came from leak sources who had accurately given us casting info weeks in advance of them becoming public (even obscure actors we could never have guessed, like the unknown who is playing Rhaena )

I...don't want to...upset the integrity of Westeros.org and upset Elio & Linda by sharing the various leaks here.

I WILL say, in general, that there was nothing that I as a book fan had a problem with.

But, uh...keep watching my channel I'll talk about other stuff...you'll be able to pick it up from context.

We still have no information whatsoever on what the in-universe explanation for the Velaryons being mixed race is ( I myself would have a character give a single line at one point, something like "the low ranking families out in the overseas colonies at the fringes of the Valyrian empire just weren't as strict about blood purity as the ruling families in the capital", then shrug it off. If you're going to make a change, bother to establish it in dialogue. I would consider that a functional explanation. But they might go with a silly or self-contradictory explanation. We have to see )

But no, uh...I'm not sure if they can take it down if it's just information and not images, but they HAVE been deleting threads on Reddit. And either way, the subreddit spy reporters asked nicely not to directly say "we got this as a leak" in public for fear of getting the source in trouble.

Which Rhaena, the daughter of Aenys or the daughter of Aegon III?

2 hours ago, The Dragon Demands said:

I pre-emptively took down my other spy reports for fear of getting a copyright strike. They were that accurate.

We were convinced of its accuracy because it came from leak sources who had accurately given us casting info weeks in advance of them becoming public (even obscure actors we could never have guessed, like the unknown who is playing Rhaena )

I...don't want to...upset the integrity of Westeros.org and upset Elio & Linda by sharing the various leaks here.

I WILL say, in general, that there was nothing that I as a book fan had a problem with.

But, uh...keep watching my channel I'll talk about other stuff...you'll be able to pick it up from context.

We still have no information whatsoever on what the in-universe explanation for the Velaryons being mixed race is ( I myself would have a character give a single line at one point, something like "the low ranking families out in the overseas colonies at the fringes of the Valyrian empire just weren't as strict about blood purity as the ruling families in the capital", then shrug it off. If you're going to make a change, bother to establish it in dialogue. I would consider that a functional explanation. But they might go with a silly or self-contradictory explanation. We have to see )

But no, uh...I'm not sure if they can take it down if it's just information and not images, but they HAVE been deleting threads on Reddit. And either way, the subreddit spy reporters asked nicely not to directly say "we got this as a leak" in public for fear of getting the source in trouble.

Why not just share it on Freefolk then? It’s a spoiler sub. The entirety of S7-8 and part of S6 leaked on there and nothing happened, presumably because there were no images to verify anything, just anonymous rumors.

Spoiler

I saw the title of the Rhaenyra video you were going to upload and found it troubling for two reasons:

1. If this is how they're going to try to make Criston Cole sympathetic, then I really wish they would have done something else. (Unless, of course, Daemon is the guy involved). FnB made it pretty clear that, whichever version of the story was correct, CC never got into Rhaenyra's petticoats, and I always found that integral to his resentment of her.

2. Urggghh there are going to be so many think-pieces. I don't know how I'll manage to avoid them (assuming that more outlets even cover the show; very few are doing so now).

Nevertheless, I am extremely curious about the leak. One theory I've been kicking around for a while is that maybe show-Rhaenyra will ask CC to be her secret paramour following her marriage to Laenor, which will offend him and lead him to refuse her, and I think that could work in this case.

10 hours ago, The Dragon Demands said:

I guessed it was that Corlys's mother was foreign, which would fit with his travels to faraway places, his brother Vaemond being darker than his children, etc. Perhaps it's not being mentioned due to the separate planned Sea Snake show that could have its own take on Corlys depending on the pitch. 

Otherwise it is something that I'd be absolutely fine with just being the "Velaryon look". In some ways it's true to the Tullys being eternally auburn-haired, the Florents being eternally big-eared, and the Daynes being eternally violet-eyed despite many many generations of intermarriage with other families.

• 2 weeks later...

I read today a theory that the show could be set FAR in the future (~200 years) because Jon Snow is, or could be, immortal. Or, if he's not immortal, he could age very slowly... And he could be killed off at the end of the 1st season (if he isn't immortal) just like Ned Stark, to give way to the new cast of characters.

• 2 weeks later...

The Velaryon are from Old Valyria and that was the Empire that encompassed the world. I actually like the idea that the Targaryens see them as fellow Valyrians rather than really focusing on any individual ethnic traits and think it fits the setting. Especially since the "whitening" of history is something that I've always hated (Andromeda from Greek Mythology is black for example but you'd never guess that from the past 1000 years).

But I also am not going to worry about it much either.

Archived