US Politics: Supreme Courting to insanity.

9 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Because Mickey is a pimp.

Yeah, well, I thought it was established years ago it's hard out here for a pimp.

ETA:  Also, just wondering, what cartoons are you watching where the villains are pimps?

There's a lot of churn among people we know regarding Florida the last few years, and even more so this year.  The ones to whom we are personally close have left, or are in the process of leaving, generally moving to NY state.  Their reasons are climate change and political change.

The ones moving down there are not people with whom we are close, shall we say. They are like my ex-sil, who has never heard of climate change -- or if heard of, either don't believe in it, and / or believe it won't / doesn't affect THEM -- and thinks flying with covid and infecting people is just fine.

The saddest move though, is our friends, artists, in Miami, whose long-time home and studio are within walking to the Beach.  The radical Jewish groups have been buying up all the properties around them for miles around, turning them into condos.  The 'leaning' shall we say, for them to sell too, and for a low ball, or would be low ball, considering their location, has been relentless and constantly escalating, including being followed on the streets, their car damaged, eggs thrown at their house, and so on.  The cops won't do a thing.  So, with broken hearts they are moving here.  He, in particular, a Cuban, who came here back in the 1970's, just can't understand what's going on -- this isn't the country he was sure he was moving to.

Honestly the biggest political worry I have moving back to Florida is getting fired by the governor for indoctrinating my students with dangerously crazy liberal ideas like facts and critical thinking.  But, honestly, that probably would be good for my career.

As you're really moving to Florida to teach -- considering how things are These Days -- you might not want to say you're moving because of the women.  I'm not exactly joking, alas  Things are entirely off the hook:

A University Is Investigating 8 Law-School Students Who Criticized a Peer After ‘Roe’ Leak

In a private group chat!  People disgreed with him about abortion and made him feel endangered. Surely he's related to Giuliani. The snowflake trolls, the snowflake trolls, everywhere.

https://www.chronicle.com/article/a-university-is-investigating-8-law-school-students-who-criticized-a-peer-after-roe-leak?
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Didn't Franklin have some connection with ye olde Constitutional Convention?  You all know what I'm referring to, that event where the Constitution got written?

Ben Franklin Put an Abortion Recipe in His Math Textbook
To colonial Americans, termination was as normal as the ABCs and 123s.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2022/05/ben-franklin-american-instructor-textbook-abortion-recipe.html

4 hours ago, Zorral said:

The real facts of this case, which Gorsuch ignored or misrepresented.

https://www.vox.com/2022/4/12/23012145/supreme-court-prayer-kennedy-bremerton-school-district-church-state-coach

You know if this was a prayer to anything but the Abrahamic god, conservatives would be screaming Religious matters/instruction should genuinely be left up to each individual set of parents and  agar Agents of the state shouldn’t be push them on any child

8 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

You know if this was a prayer to anything but the Abrahamic god, conservatives would be screaming Religious matters/instruction should genuinely be left up to each individual set of parents and  agar Agents of the state shouldn’t be push them on any child

If it was a Muslim the entire GOP would be talking about the country being taken over by Sharia Law and they're coming for our children.

5 minutes ago, DMC said:

If it was a Muslim the entire GOP would be talking about the country being taken over by Sharia Law and they're coming for our children.

If the prayers were about asking god to protect queer kids from persecution instead of requests to win a football game, he’d be called a groomer.

There's a lot of churn among people we know regarding Florida the last few years, and even more so this year.  The ones to whom we are personally close have left, or are in the process of leaving, generally moving to NY state.  Their reasons are climate change and political change.

It's kind of the reverse around me. Some of the shittiest racist McJesusites in my corner of Massachusetts are moving to Florida, and good riddance I say. May an alligator devour their Gadsden flags.

He, in particular, a Cuban, who came here back in the 1970's, just can't understand what's going on -- this isn't the country he was sure he was moving to.

Yeah, I'm kinda glad my mother didn't live to see all this. This country was her shining light.

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

Ya think this has anything to do with tomorrow's sudden 1 PM hearing of the Jan 6 committee?

We’ll see, hopefully it is something really important. 

4 minutes ago, Zorral said:

See now this was the same day the FBI with warrant, searched Clark's house.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/27/us/politics/john-eastman-jan-6.html

Keep cranking out those search warrants!  Get a search warrant then run to Fox and cry on Tucker’s shoulder, hilarious!  

1 minute ago, LongRider said:

Keep cranking out those search warrants!

According to this and other reports, a whole lotta false electors got subpoenas the same day Clark and Eastman got searched and confiscated.  I didn't know that until now.

29 minutes ago, Zorral said:

According to this and other reports, a whole lotta false electors got subpoenas the same day Clark and Eastman got searched and confiscated.  I didn't know that until now.

Hope they'll all be held accountable, but honestly, after the media shit show and breathless coverage of Trump's presidency where the smoking gun was always just around the corner....I dunno.  Not going to get my hopes up.  Whether that smoking gun exists or not, I don't think matters.  35-40% of the country isn't going to change their minds if Trump took a shit on the constitution on live national TV while murdering his entire family.    

1 hour ago, Larry of the Lake said:

35-40% of the country isn't going to change their minds if Trump took a shit on the constitution on live national TV while murdering his entire family.    

Fox News headline: woke mob tries to cancel Trump for sending his family to heaven.

On 6/26/2022 at 5:03 AM, Larry of the Lake said:

Why, after the alarm bells started going off in the early 2000s, did they not have a ready-to-go piece of federal legislation to legalize the right to an abortion?  They had the trifecta for a minute there.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but such a piece of legislation would have been superseded by this SC decision anyway. The Federal government can only legislate where the constitution says it can, which doesn’t include abortion. It does include rights, so they could legislate while Roe v Wade was in effect; but when the right ended this became state jurisdiction again. Any such legislation would become void. 

Archived