US Politics: Supreme Courting to insanity.

2 minutes ago, Zorral said:

She changed lawyers just a few days ago. 

That change could very plausibly be just because her previous Trumpist lawyer did not want her to publicly testify at the hearings as she's doing now.

39 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Woo!  This is quite some stuff.  Enough violence to satisfy any audience, amirite?

Lots and lots of weapons of all varieties, romperisto laying hands in fury upon others, throwing food, breaking White House china.  And in the middle a pretty young woman.

"They're not here to hurt ME!"

And Meadows is a real darling, too.

36 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

I second this, that post was pretty cryptic, is there a story behind it ThinkerX?

This was referring to John Cornyn's tweeted response to Barack Obama:

But it is a misreading of Cornyn's statement, which was a dig at a minor aspect of Obama's tweet -- "nearly 50 years of precedent" -- because the courts overturned Plessy v Ferguson with Brown v Board despite years of precedent. He's basically saying that precedent shouldn't matter if the courts of the past have found wrongly, as we all (Obama included) believe they have at some point. So he's not calling for those to be overturned at all, he's just saying the years of precedent thing is weak sauce, which is true enough. Precedent matters only so long as the courts find the legal foundation of those precedents to be solid.

In fact, he followed up with this after people didn't understand it:

Which is pretty explicitly saying that he's glad the Supreme Court overturned the precedent of Plessy v Ferguson..

Yikes!  What a day, her testimony was riveting.    :stunned:   And the J6C committee sticks the landing Chaney discussing attempted witness tampering and has emails!  I'm overwhelmed.  

3 minutes ago, KalVsWade said:

Perfect. I was going to write sth like, DeSantis is probably dancing right now...

Rittenhouse is too young for VP, right?

Also:

Wakey wakey, Merrick... Time to kick that can a bit more energetically down the road.

43 minutes ago, DMC said:

That change could very plausibly be just because her previous Trumpist lawyer did not want her to publicly testify at the hearings as she's doing now.

Exactly what occurred to me.

Clearly her security is much on the mind of the Committee, though it honestly is concerned about the personal safety of all of the witnesses as well as themselves.  I'm imagining the pressure that's been exerted upon her.  As we've seen Those Ilks hate not even men like Pence as much as They a woman who doesn't do Their bidding, and Their desires to punish the women long and horribly before execution.  We've heard them say it often and often and constantly.

Those attempts at witness intimidation sounded like straight from a mafia flic. I was waiting for the horse heads to be placed in beds.

PS If the YT channels I watched this on are any indication, this hearing had more viewers than any of the preceding ones.

15 minutes ago, maarsen said:

One can always hope he leads the mob to do a Robespierre redux.

Probably Oliver Cromwell would be the preferred right-wing model. Trump entering Congress and having his goons kick them all out and take over because of all their many sins.Then ruling as God ordained.

46 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Probably Oliver Cromwell would be the preferred right-wing model. Trump entering Congress and having his goons kick them all out and take over because of all their many sins.Then ruling as God ordained.

Nah. The mob led Robespierre to the guillotine. 

Archived