Change my mind: Lizard Lady-Punchbag Prince romance will be a thing.

Daeron the Daring

So, at this point, I am pretty sure Daenerys and Jon will get to know each other better than relatives should normally do. This isn't the first time you hear this.

I could present the many clues suggesting this, but I won't, instead I just ask you: Why do you think it will be a thing, or why not? And also, how do you think, in case you believe it'll happen, it's gonna start out and how will it end?

Never seen a topic focusing directly on this, and I always feel like it became a taboo to most people (a long ago).

I can see them as spouses, but have a difficult time seeing them as lovers.

I don't see them being attracted to each other's type.  Daenerys likes men that are flashy; lively, outgoing, and maybe a bit exotic.  Guys like Drogo and Daario.  Jon doesn't really fit the bill.  While he can be hot-headed, he's often a bit dour and introverted.

And Jon likes Arya types; active, capable (especially outdoors), outspoken, and more tough than feminine.  Dany meets some of this, but I have a really hard time seeing her as his type.  I can see him being interested in someone like Meera Reed or Wylla Manderly than Dany.

As to marriage, there is the possibility they could end up as the two most powerful people in Westeros.  In that case, I can see them marrying to keep the peace, though I would expect Daenerys to insist on being Queen, with Jon as a prince husband.  (I've not seen the end of the show, but gather that doesn't happen).

38 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

If George really only did start writing Winds seriously in 2020, I expect he’ll come to the realization that he needs more than two books soon, if he hasn’t already. Because I have no idea how he could possibly fit a Jonerys romance in at this rate.

Well, assuming that he was done with half of the story with ADWD, he could either publish one of them with 2 volumes, both as big as ASOS/ADWD, or he might go with publishing TWOW with half of the rest done, giving ADOS the same lenght. 

Sure those would be big books, but I don't see him coming up with another book name for some reason. 

Unless he cuts some POVs or moves forward in time with bigger steps, this will be hard to execute anyway. My bet is on bigger steps, cause that's necesarry anyway, for a  long winter, obviously. 

For example, the first time jump (of just a few months) could be after Aegon takes KL, but I also don't see many Melisandre chapters to cover what's going on at the Wall. He might have gone with vagueness in the case of Daenerys' journey towards Westeros, the aftermath of Jon's assasination, Arya's training, Sansa's time at the Vale, etc. All this after the Mereenese and Northern conflicts are done, which should be a done deal for years now.

1 hour ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

If George really only did start writing Winds seriously in 2020, I expect he’ll come to the realization that he needs more than two books soon, if he hasn’t already. Because I have no idea how he could possibly fit a Jonerys romance in at this rate.

Another reason to doubt Jonerys.  As I mentioned in my post above, I don't really see them all that interested in one another.  Also, while I see them as likely allies against the Others, they could easily become rivals with regard to Westeros itself, especially if Dany is thought of as a foreign interloper

8 hours ago, Nevets said:

As I mentioned in my post above, I don't really see them all that interested in one another.  Also, while I see them as likely allies against the Others, they could easily become rivals with regard to Westeros itself, especially if Dany is thought of as a foreign interloper

It's funny how we make types for both Jon and Daenerys.

In Jon's case, it is based (and can only be based) on one relationship he was more or less forced into. And meanwhile Daenerys somewhat fits into that 'type', there's also Val, who's the complete opposite of Ygritte, and yet it seems like the only thing that stops it is George not finishing Winds.

In Daenerys' case, the same thing could be said. She was very much forced into a relationship we don't know for sure would've worked in the long term. With Daario, it is a little bit different, but Jon has similar characteristics with him, just on the right end. His personality is highly influenced by what he received from Ned.

But these 'type' arguments don't make sense anyway, in my opinion. That's what my limited experience tells me. Who says someone has only 1 type, and not multiple? Can't people have multiple (several) ones, or none at all (infinite)?

Archived