Aegon or fAegon? A closer look at Young Griff

Aebram

Speaking of gems around the neck... Mel wears a giant square cut ruby at her throat.  

"The Horn of Joramun?" Melisandre said. "No. Call it the Horn of Darkness. If the Wall falls, night falls as well, the long night that never ends. It must not happen, will not happen! The Lord of Light has seen his children in their peril and sent a champion to them, Azor Ahai reborn." She swept a hand toward Stannis, and the great ruby at her throat pulsed with light.

More giant square cut rubies...

Stannis' glamored sword:

A Clash of Kings - Catelyn III

As he neared, she saw that Stannis wore a crown of red gold with points fashioned in the shape of flames. His belt was studded with garnets and yellow topaz, and a great square-cut ruby was set in the hilt of the sword he wore. 

Mance glamored:

A Dance with Dragons - Jon IV

The big square-cut gem that adorned his iron cuff glimmered redly. "Do you like my ruby, Snow? A token o' love from Lady Red."

Illyrio has given fAegon 3 giant square cut rubies on an iron chain to wear around his neck:

A Dance with Dragons - The Lost Lord

When the lad emerged from the cabin with Lemore by his side, Griff looked him over carefully from head to heel. The prince wore sword and dagger, black boots polished to a high sheen, a black cloak lined with blood-red silk. With his hair washed and cut and freshly dyed a deep, dark blue, his eyes looked blue as well. At his throat he wore three huge square-cut rubies on a chain of black iron, a gift from Magister Illyrio. Red and black. Dragon colors. That was good. "You look a proper prince," he told the boy. "Your father would be proud if he could see you."

Are we being set up for some future glamor?

58 minutes ago, Crona said:

She does wear a crystal around her neck, there are other characters that use rubies and moonstones for glamor.

She is wearing the casual crystals that Septas wear though, since crystals are in their worship and are holy.

As she hung her septa's crystal about her neck, to nestle in the cleft between her breasts, she teased him with a smile.

The rubies and other gems used from Mel and other people we have seen, are at some point highlighted, bc they are big and they light and shimmer in ways, that many people descibed as magical and mesmerising, plus they seem to keep them on at all time for the illusion o work. The crystal on her neck is described once and it was to put it back on, meaning she was taking baths without it. 

2 hours ago, Crona said:

She does wear a crystal around her neck, there are other characters that use rubies and moonstones for glamor. Ashara fits for me to be Lemore, because it says Lemore needs to hide her identity in Westeros, and the only character I could think of that is missing and would be part of the Aegon cause would be Ashara. (A character that even a casual reader would know about) I believe George had written himself in a corner and didn’t want to give away the identity yet, we technically don’t know what eye color she has. From my own past experience, some people focus too much on a physical characteristic that is actually author error, rather than paying attention to the overall story to dismiss legitimate theories.

The crystal being part of a glamor is an interesting point and idea to consider.

I'm not saying the case is closed on this one, just expressing my opinion on what I can gather from the text.

15 hours ago, Crona said:

I believe George had written himself in a corner and didn’t want to give away the identity yet, we technically don’t know what eye color she has.

Eye colour can lighten or darken with age, if he feels he needs justification that would work fine, but as pointed out it never bothered him previously to just have someone not notice purple eyes when it didn't suit the plot.

• 6 months later...
On 7/1/2022 at 10:41 PM, LynnS said:

Speaking of gems around the neck... Mel wears a giant square cut ruby at her throat.  

More giant square cut rubies...

Stannis' glamored sword:

Mance glamored:

Illyrio has given fAegon 3 giant square cut rubies on an iron chain to wear around his neck:

Are we being set up for some future glamor?

But Lynn, the most famous giant square-cut rubies belong to another Aegon: the crown of Aegon I, a circlet of Valyrian steel, set with big square-cut rubies. And of course, there are rubies at throats and rubies at chests associated with Targaryens (granted, we don't know if they are square cut) : 

Daughters of prince Daemon ....Both were dressed in gowns of soft black velvet with rubies at their throats, and the three-headed dragon of House Targaryen on their cloaks.

Rhaegar owned night-black plate armor, with the three-headed dragon of House Targaryen decorated in rubies on its breastplate

Archived