Warring Across the Stars...With their...Wars....and Stuff

IlyaP

I love documentaries like this.

Reminds me of the DVD golden age where most movies had at least a commentary if not full blown behind the scenes docs. Lord of the Rings is still the all time best, though.

On 7/4/2022 at 11:06 AM, Corvinus85 said:

Some info about Andorhttps://www.empireonline.com/tv/news/andor-tony-gilroy-explains-star-wars-rogue-one-prequel-structure-exclusive/

A second season has already been confirmed, also 12 episodes. But its structure will be somewhat different from the 1st season. Both seasons will encompass a 5-year story leading up to Rogue One. (this feels similar to Rebels) But season 1 will only cover one year, and the second season will cover the rest, thus we'll probably get different pacing between the two seasons. 

A year ago, I had very little interest in the Andor show.  Fast forward now, and after the last two underwhelming Star Wars series, I'm getting more and more excited about Andor.  Which I know on the surface doesn't make sense.  But they really got me with the tone of the trailer, and the fact that the show runner was the writer who worked on at least a portion of Rogue One, the one Disney movie I lliked.  

And the fact that we're getting 24 total episodes gives me hope that we'll get a fully fleshed out story as opposed to the last two series which felt pretty rushed and shallow at times.

On 7/1/2022 at 11:02 PM, Rhom said:

Dammit... the more I think about it... that's the perfect format for what Star Wars the multimedia empire should be.  Rework the Yuuzhon Vong. 

I would watch the sh*t out of that. 

Someone please make this happen!

• 3 weeks later...

New Andor trailer is up:

ETA: Can it be we're getting that Rogue One (star) war series many of us have been wanting?

Also, the production values on this look fantastic. I know the Volume was probably used, but these scenes look like mostly sets (close ups help) in combo with digital wide shots. Glad to see the use of the new technology maturing.

The young woman at the 2:00 reminds me of a young Carrie Fisher. My Google/IMDB skills have failed me. Any idea who the character is? 

Personally, I'd love to see Leia stepping up during this show at some point as a clandestine leader of the budding rebellion. 

Amazing trailer, but after Obi-wan I'm not watching any Star Wars Disney until I've seen reviews from the podcasters I trust.

Except Mandalorian although I'm worried it's gonna go downhill now that Disney have their claws in it.

1 hour ago, Darryk said:

Amazing trailer, but after Obi-wan I'm not watching any Star Wars Disney until I've seen reviews from the podcasters I trust.

Except Mandalorian although I'm worried it's gonna go downhill now that Disney have their claws in it.

I'm not going to watch this show, but I definitely will keep up with this thread. For me, the hate that Star Wars is subject to is the real entertainment that the show will bring.

And I have a good feeling that the hate will come. It's pretty clear what Disney's formula of success is. Galvanize the used up, dessicated cadaver of previous overdone material, apparently hire kindergarteners to populate the writing staff, and then throw millions at the show and hope that fans obsessed with getting the same material over and over again will be satisfied with yet again having the usual slop but maybe with pretty visuals.

There will be those of the audience who know the game and simply don't care and can enjoy it anyway. But there will always be those who for some reason conceive that they were supposed to be served a Michelin 3 star meal or something and complain that they got the standard cattle feed.

(Yeah, I guess I'm still bitter about giving Obi-Wan a chance. Why, McGregor? You were *my* chosen one!)

1 hour ago, Darryk said:

Has something changed? They made the show from the beginning.

1 hour ago, Corvinus85 said:

I'm curious who Stellan Skarsgård is playing. He seems to be a senator (or a former Republic senator) but he also looks to be a badass. He might be the ANH Obi-Wan for this show.

In the original draft for Rogue One, the character of Orson Krennic was initially supposed to be an Imperial double agent pretending to work with the rebels.  I kind of wonder if Skarsgard may be playing a similar part, an Imperial double agent being used to root out dissidents of the Empire.

5 hours ago, Heartofice said:

This looks amazing, though I am keeping my expectations thoroughly under control for now, based on being burnt a few too many times. I always appreciate the late 70's / Early 80s haircuts in these projects though, that's what gets me excited. 

Based on the show runner being one of the writer’s of my favorite Disney Star Wars movie, Rogue One, I’m going to foolishly remain optimistic.  The trailer has me very excited (except for the fact that it announced that it won’t start until September 21 as opposed to the end of August).

2 hours ago, RumHam said:

Has something changed? They made the show from the beginning.

My guess is Disney expected it to fail so were willing to let Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni do their thing but now that it's a success (particularly Baby Yoda and the merchandising potential there) Disney are going to take more control.

I bet Baby Yoda was supposed to stay with Luke but Disney strong-armed them into shoehorning him back into the story.

What's the timeline?  6 years BBY?  10?  Was there a number of imperials who we later see with Tarkin on the Death Star in that conference room when Vader chokes the guy out?  

This looks like it might just work...depending on where they go with it and how many other Rebel cell leaders we get other than Saw...

Archived