Warring Across the Stars...With their...Wars....and Stuff

IlyaP

No it'll be a holo recording found amidst the bones of the fallen like in Balin's tomb.

We cannot get out. We cannot get out. They have taken the bridge and Second Hall. Finor and Lorn and Vidarr fell there bravely while the rest retreated to the transport ship, the Mazarbul. We are still ho{ldin}g...but hope …Tylo's party went five days ago but today only four returned. The lava is up to the wall at West-gate. The Lord of the Sith took Tylo--we cannot get out. The end comes soon. We hear breathing, breathing in the deep. He is coming. He is here.

I looked up the tool used to make the dry ice at the bottom of the glass. The Jet Chill one he used in the video is $1995 (special $250 glasses sold by the 100 not included).

I have a rich neighbor who loves hosting parties. Let's see if I can convince them we need this for Halloween...

You might look into just buying some. There are places that sell it. You can have your tasty beverage and dump the excess into the neighbors pool. The place will look like a Bon Jovi music video.

Although, you might want to give it time to off-gas and check the pH before going in. I've never actually bathed in carbonic acid so I don't know. 

• 2 weeks later...

Andor continuing to look potentially head-and-shoulders over everything else Disney+ has tried to do. Very surprised by Tales of the Jedi though, I had expected an LD+R style anthology as well (basically a Jedi-focused Star Wars: Visions), didn't realize it was basically taking the Clone Wars aesthetic and fitting into that continuity.

Got hope for Andor.

Really really want Mandalorian season 3 to be good but Grogu got a great send-off at the end of Season 2 and now they've shoehorned him back into it and I can't help suspecting Disney's hand in that.

49 minutes ago, Raja said:

Apparently Andor is good. Can't wait to watch it given the tone of the reactions. Though it has a political stance so I imagine the threads are going to be a bit of a dumpster fire :read:

Andor does sound amazing

7 hours ago, Werthead said:

The early reviews for Andor are very positive. Sounds like the decision to drop the video wall and just film stuff on location worked out for them.

I haven't seen the show, but I don't think the latter has been *the* problem with star wars shows. The writing, the characters etc have just not been good enough - audiences are willing to forgive a lot, including video walls if you can get the other stuff right.

Yeah, I'd hazard a guess that not using the Volume because they felt filming on location was the right choice is a symptom of the general dedication to making a tv show rather than a product, which the other shows have felt like. 

It's something the Corridor Crew guys and some of their guests have talked about- the Volume is a great tool that has immediately jumped to being overused as a shortcut, which it isn't really coz what essentially happens is a lot of the work that you'd do post-shoot on greenscreen needs to be prepped beforehand for the screens. It's great for some stuff but it means you're locked in on the day of filming or else it looks shit. 

Anyway, speaking of tv show rather than product, prepare for one of the grimmest reviews of all time.

Archived