US Politics: What will the InJustice League do next?

IheartIheartTesla

32 minutes ago, DMC said:

Because who isn't? 

<- This horse. 

May I recommend The Second Civil War as an alternative. Or has that 1997 movie become a bit too real.

34 minutes ago, Zorral said:

You know it's impossible to stop thinking of women and Black people as people who matter when our entire lives were lived under the assumption that women and Black people and lives matter.  Too late, too late, too late, to change now.  :crying:

It's never too late to change. Just do the DMC thing, move to Florida and live in the Shadow of the Emperor. He is way too cunning to move down there merely for family reasons.

It's really weird to watch The Good Place right now:

"We're the good guys, we can't just do stuff!" or "The Titanic is sinking and they're writing a strongly worded letter to the iceberg."

1 hour ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

<- This horse. 

May I recommend The Second Civil War as an alternative. Or has that 1997 movie become a bit too real.

It's never too late to change. Just do the DMC thing, move to Florida and live in the Shadow of the Emperor. He is way too cunning to move down there merely for family reasons.

I'm with the Horse. 

Can't say I've ever watched Independence Day on the 4th. I'm all in on the Disney+ Hamilton train now, in any case.  WHOO WHOO!

4 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Can't say I've ever watched Independence Day on the 4th. 

That's because you fucking hate America.

Get the horses, this Cubs fan needs to be drawn and quartered. An extra $5 if you fart in his face beforehand. 

Time to ramp up the paranoia here a few notches. ::Tugs at lever:: Dang thing seems to be stuck.

First off, the FBI is issuing initial guidelines for the abortion violence situation, with some protesters/demonstrators potentially looking at domestic terrorism charges.

FBI is investigating criminal reaction to Roe ruling as potential domestic terrorism (msn.com)

Next up, to nobody's surprise, a poll shows that 68% of FOX News viewers see the 1/6 event as being the result of 'left wing protesters trying to make Trump look bad.' What is a tad surprising is that 32% of CNN viewers and 25% of MSNBC viewers also agree with that sentiment. 

(dratted link wouldn't take)

Then the white supremacist group 'Patriot Front' paid a visit to Boston. To me, the interesting bit here was the comments - a near majority of the posters insisted these people really are 'patriots' or 'Antifa in disguise' or some such.

Tempers flare as group, reportedly of white supremacist The Patriot Front, marched through Boston (msn.com)

30 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

extra $5 if you fart in his face beforehand. 

In case you all don't know -- horses are excellent farters. Look at their recced diets -- not too long ago, for indulged horses such as war horses, beans (not soaked overnight and cooked) were part of what they were fed for good condition.

8 minutes ago, Zorral said:

In case you all don't know -- horses are excellent farters. Look at their recced diets -- not too long ago, for indulged horses such as war horses, beans (not soaked overnight and cooked) were part of what they were fed for good condition.

At the summer camp I went to K-8 when you got in trouble you had to go shovel horse shit. Shocking no one I was quite the expert at it by the time I was old enough to be a junior counselor. 

@Maithanet, add to your list of skills needing to acquire in case society collapses: horseback riding. 

31 minutes ago, Zorral said:

I'm convinced mares tell their foals "When the human is at your back end brushing your tail, be sure to fart.  They like that."

17 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

At the summer camp I went to K-8 when you got in trouble you had to go shovel horse shit. Shocking no one I was quite the expert at it by the time I was old enough to be a junior counselor. 

@Maithanet, add to your list of skills needing to acquire in case society collapses: horseback riding. 

Also learn how harness and drive a horse.  Handy skills; pulling a buggy or a plow.  That's the original horsepower.

8 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Because you're a god damn motherfucking patriot, that's why. Also watch The Patriot. As a Jew, I forgive all of you, it's okay.

You know that movie was taken off of Netflix recently?

I guess you assumed I have it on DVD.

And you would be correct. 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Ah, so that's why you got into politics.

Rich folks got to be paid if you want them to play.

But don't worry [don't worry] 'bout a thing

Cause every little thing, gonna be alt right

15 hours ago, ThinkerX said:

Time to ramp up the paranoia here a few notches. ::Tugs at lever:: Dang thing seems to be stuck.

First off, the FBI is issuing initial guidelines for the abortion violence situation, with some protesters/demonstrators potentially looking at domestic terrorism charges.

FBI is investigating criminal reaction to Roe ruling as potential domestic terrorism (msn.com)

Next up, to nobody's surprise, a poll shows that 68% of FOX News viewers see the 1/6 event as being the result of 'left wing protesters trying to make Trump look bad.' What is a tad surprising is that 32% of CNN viewers and 25% of MSNBC viewers also agree with that sentiment. 

There's an interesting aspect to the so-called centrists who view the left as the catalyst for everything bad. On the surface, it seems like centrist dems who really hate the Bernie movement--and I'm sure some of that is true. But I also was reading that a growing population of white supremacy groups are working on covert ways to continue to push their message out on people without raising flags. Much like they use dog whistles and coded language to rile up the base, they also have a growing movement of people who are teaching about how any interactions online, with polling, etc. should be done in a way that villainizes the left without exposing their views. One of their favorite tactics seems to be to pretend to be "centrist" and arguing that if leftists just weren't so dang extreme, these poor centrists could vote democrat. I can't find the article I read, most of what I'm finding is from 2017-19 when news outlets were reporting white supremacy groups were converting teenagers online. I'll keep looking.  

not sure how this got missed here; caused quite the stir yesterday. 10 year old girl in some minor state or other denied an abortion as a result of the demise of Roe V Wade. Had to cross state lines.

10-year-old girl denied abortion in Ohio | The Hill

There was also another video this morning featuring an interview with the governor of another minor red state on this topic who kept trying to dodge the issue, but ultimately sided against the 10 year old.

(CNN)A workgroup developing a second-grade social studies curriculum for the Texas State Board of Education last month suggested using the term "involuntary relocation" to describe people who were sold into slavery, the board's chair said, amid national debates on the role of critical race theory in classrooms.

The proposed phrase was part of the initial draft outlining the second-grade standards from a review committee that included a section titled "Enslaved Peoples in America."

"The board -- with unanimous consent -- directed the work group to revisit that specific language," Keven Ellis, chair of the Texas State Board of Education, said in a statement.

A group of Texas educators proposed using the term 'involuntary relocation' rather than slavery when teaching 2nd graders

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/02/us/texas-group-proposes-school-slavery-language/index.html

We have talked of that here earlier -- also They have had to step that back as the outrage EVERYWHERE was undeniable.  And it sure made Them look as stupid as They are, but this time even They recognized that everywhere sees Them as stupid, blatant liars, lying stupidly.

3 hours ago, Centrist Simon Steele said:

One of their favorite tactics seems to be to pretend to be "centrist" and arguing that if leftists just weren't so dang extreme, these poor centrists could vote democrat.

I see this everywhere on media, commentators pretending and giving themselves away immediately.  Nobody believes them.  Well, nobody like us believes them.  Doubtless the vast, expanding population of idiots do believe them -- if they can even figure out what is being said, that is.

5 hours ago, JGP said:

Rich folks got to be paid if you want them to play.

But don't worry [don't worry] 'bout a thing

Cause every little thing, gonna be alt right

That tax was poor-a$$ policy.  It was income based and set up some pretty perverse incentives.  The various wealth tax (either the BBB version or the Wyden version - the Warren version has some significant problems) proposals are also probably dead (though they too, even the BBB version, which is the best of the three, are pretty problematic).  The one that is the best from a policy (eliminating the step up on death and dealing with some of the gift tax shenanigans) won’t happen because reasons.  These are all gimmicks.  What needs to happen is (1) rate unification (translation - elimination of the capital gains preference), (2) estate/gift tax rationalization.  

BTW, you should know, that if you talk to folks at Joint Committee, they will tell you that good policy isn’t the 1st, 2nd, or even 10th most important consideration…

I actually despise percentage based money things.

A company gives everyone a 5% raise. 

The person making 60,000 a year is now making 63,000 a year. The person making 30,000 a year is now making 31,500.

Just seems to make wealth inequality worse. 

Archived