US Politics: What will the InJustice League do next?

3 hours ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

BTW, you should know, that if you talk to folks at Joint Committee, they will tell you that good policy isn’t the 1st, 2nd, or even 10th most important consideration…

[clicks on the Do You Want To Now More link]

22 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

I actually despise percentage based money things.

A company gives everyone a 5% raise. 

The person making 60,000 a year is now making 63,000 a year. The person making 30,000 a year is now making 31,500.

Just seems to make wealth inequality worse. 

That's not dissimilar to the rich whinging about how much tax they have to pay compared to everyone else, btw. 

1 hour ago, A True Kaniggit said:

I actually despise percentage based money things.

A company gives everyone a 5% raise. 

The person making 60,000 a year is now making 63,000 a year. The person making 30,000 a year is now making 31,500.

Just seems to make wealth inequality worse. 

I used to work with people making a range of money. Several had incomes in the upper five-digit bracket (this was twenty years back) and went through hell trying to meet the monthly bills. Partly, this was their own fault - they bought brand new toys - firearms, ATV's, vehicles, like all the time.  Others lived quite comfortably on about a third of what those people did.

On 7/2/2022 at 9:53 PM, ThinkerX said:

Then the white supremacist group 'Patriot Front' paid a visit to Boston. To me, the interesting bit here was the comments - a near majority of the posters insisted these people really are 'patriots' or 'Antifa in disguise' or some such.

I had a long exchange with a moron on Twitter who claimed, without evidence, that the “Patriot Front” in Boston was just FBI false flag play.  

:(

14 hours ago, Zorral said:

Roe was bad law.

That was RBG’s criticism of Roe she agreed with the result but found the reasoning far too easy to legally set aside.  It should have been adopted by Statute… decades ago.

On 7/2/2022 at 2:10 PM, Zorral said:

But we do not know a single woman who had an abortion who was sad about it.  The closest to it was a friend who had two ectopic pregnancies, who, with her husband, wanted to begin their family, but, of course, had to abort because otherwise she'd likely die.

I do.

A handful actually.

41 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I’m also very afraid to say happy 4th of July.

:ph34r:

Nah, go ahead.  My bro told me that instead of fireworks over Lake Tahoe, this year they are having a drone light show.   Great idea!  :bowdown:

14 minutes ago, LongRider said:

Remember,this isn't actually IN Chicago. It's thirty miles north.  One of the whiter, highly affluent suburbs. But don't worry, it's Chicago's fault because reasons. And it'll have no impact on guns.  

Posted (edited)

Even though it's really too early, experts on the TV are already comparing the police response in Highland Park to that in Uvalde and saying Highland Park's is much better.

Gee, a wealthy Chicago suburb has better trained police than a rural Texas small town half its size. Who would have thunk? 

Edited by Ormond
spelling

5 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Patriot Front… making a bigger statement?

:(

Angry white male, anyway. Thus far,