Football: Transfers of Power

polishgenius

2 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

The one whose name popped up left with the team for the pre-season to Germany, thus he can't be the player that was arrested. Thus he would not be an involved partey in this case.

Or did you mean somebody else?

That's who he meant. Partey is with the team, it's not him and Xhaka is on holiday. Those are the only two in the age bracket on the team. It's someone else.

2 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

There is one very high profile international footballer, who is 29, lives in Barnet, and will be representing his country at the WC.

And he isn't an Arsenal player.

Did South Korea qualify?

“He is ready to take on the world,” Jorge said. “He wants to win the Champions League, the World Cup, everything. He has the talent to do it all. He is focused, he’s got a good head, he’s got a good family now, a little boy and his wife, lots of friends with him, living in a quiet area of Barnet just outside London. The stage is set to see the best of Lucas.”

5 hours ago, Mexal said:

That's who he meant. Partey is with the team, it's not him and Xhaka is on holiday. Those are the only two in the age bracket on the team. It's someone else.

Nevermind, thought Leno was also 29, but he turned 30 a few months ago.

Romano reports:

Christensen and Kessie officially to Barcelona as free agents

Vitinha to PSG from Porto, 40m€ fee

Aaron Hickey to Brentford from Bologna, 22m€

James Tarkowski to Everton, free agent

Guendouzi to Marseille from Arsenal on a permanent transfer

Tolisso from Bayern to Lyon

Richarlison officially to Spurs, 60m£

Sterling close to Chelsea.

That PL player has been arrested on suspicion of two additional rape attacks.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/07/05/premier-league-star-arrested-suspicion-two-new-rape-attacks/

In an updated statement, Scotland Yard said: "On 4 July, an allegation of rape of a woman in her 20s was reported to police. It was reported the alleged rape happened in June 2022. On 4 July, a 29-year-old man was arrested at an address in Barnet on suspicion of rape and taken into custody.

"While in custody, he was further arrested on suspicion of two incidents of rape that were alleged to have been committed in April and June of 2021 against a different woman in her 20s. He has subsequently been released on bail to a date in August. Enquiries into the circumstances are ongoing."

toon looking to add moussa diaby. all their moves have been fantastic without adding in players whose egos and wages would upset a very stable and cohesive dressing room.

last time i was legitimately excited and optimistic going into a campaign was when they were relegated in 16 and going into the championship w rafa at the helm.

28 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Anybody know anything about Brazilian football? Gabriel Barbosa linked to Newcastle, scoring record seems top notch, and Bruno and Joelinton obviously make settling in less of an issue. 

Gabigol?

Didn't he flop when he made his move to Europe as a youngster (Inter with a loan move to Benfica). Back then there were some not so silent complaints about his profesionalism iirc. He is now in his mid-twenties. So maybe he has grown up and is now better equipped for playing in Europe. 

I would put signing him down as a gamble. Either hit or miss. Don't think you can get anything in between.

34 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Anybody know anything about Brazilian football? Gabriel Barbosa linked to Newcastle, scoring record seems top notch, and Bruno and Joelinton obviously make settling in less of an issue. 

2 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Gabigol?

Didn't he flop when he made his move to Europe as a youngster (Inter with a loan move to Benfica). Back then there were some not so silent complaints about his profesionalism iirc. He is now in his mid-twenties. So maybe he has grown up and is now better equipped for playing in Europe. 

I would put signing him down as a gamble. Either hit or miss. Don't think you can get anything in between.

As someone who watched pretty much every game of his since 2019 since he plays for my team (and national team occasionally), I would say that in about 30 minutes or so he'd be the most hated player in English football- he's very much the type of striker that thrives on fighting, provoking and harassing opposition defenders and even supporters (think someone like Suarez or Diego Costa), and would get the John Terry types saying "our players don't do that, only those dirty foreigners" or other non-sense.

I could see him either end as PL top goal scorer or a complete flop, depending on how much patience Newcastle would have with him (he's a lot better than someone like Callum Wilson, though, so they would be stupid not to if they actually signed) and how much he adapted to the club.

That said, I haven't seen anything concrete about offers or Newcastle's actual interest on him, just speculation.

Archived