Football: Transfers of Power

polishgenius

4 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Nunez on fire tonight.

I’m glad he had a good night just to silence the trolls.  He’ll still take a while to adapt to Liverpool’s style of play.  Most of Klopp’s signings have.  Diaz was the exception.

Unfortunately Jota is missing preseason because of his injury with Portugal.  We may need Firmino in the early weeks.  I just hope Jota can eventually get his fitness and sharpness.  A lot of players really struggle when they miss pre-season.

Ox will miss all of pre-season too, and he really doesn’t do well with interruptions to his rhythm.  

4 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

Newcastle have generally done pretty good business under their new owners so far, and Pepe would be the complete opposite of that, so I'd be surprised if it were true.

(Outside of the fact that Pepe is attainable because Arsenal would love to be rid of him, of course.)

Taking him on loan to see if we can rejuvenate him would be the only way I'd want them. Even then it would have to be with right to buy for no more than 25 million to make it worthwhile. 

8 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

Newcastle have generally done pretty good business under their new owners so far, and Pepe would be the complete opposite of that, so I'd be surprised if it were true.

(Outside of the fact that Pepe is attainable because Arsenal would love to be rid of him, of course.)

I think Pepe could be a lot better on a team that isn't as rigid as Arteta's and relies on possession and technical skill. Give Pepe some rope and I suspect he'd be pretty effective.

3 hours ago, Mexal said:

I think Pepe could be a lot better on a team that isn't as rigid as Arteta's and relies on possession and technical skill. Give Pepe some rope and I suspect he'd be pretty effective.

The season before he came to us, he was generally picking up the ball closer to the eighteen-yard box. Defenders didn't know whether he was going to go inside or out. A proper nightmare for a full back.

Arteta had him literally stuck to the touchline, making him much more predictable.

Yeah, there's a player there for sure. Last season was quite disappointing but the season before that he did really well and probably had one of his best games in the fa cup final, he was meant to kick on last season but unfortunately it just hasn't worked out as he was never going to start over Saka

Doesn't Howe like to sit deep & break quickly? I think he'd be decent in a transitional team like that. Imo, he just needs some confidence placed back in him & a run of games, the latter was difficult for him last season because of Saka.

1 hour ago, The Sunland Lord said:

Now there is talk of Barcelona matching Chelsea's offer for Kounde. I guess we'll have to wait and see how that's all played out.

The reports are that Barca cannot match Chelsea's offer but have proposed a different payment structure with more cash upfront which Sevilla might accept. According to the reports, the player himself would prefer a move to Barca.

Archived