Football: Transfers of Power

polishgenius

6 minutes ago, Raja said:

I admit, I have a soft spot for Nico and I hope he does well.

His performances towards the end of last season were some of the worst I've ever seen by an Arsenal player. He looked like he genuinely did not give a shit. 

Yeah, they weren't great. I don't particularly mind him staying because we need someone in that wide right position, so hopefully he does better this season.

Re: Gabriel, I think he can mature into a really good defender and he's already quite decent even though he's only 24. His red card last season cost us, so cutting out mistakes like those and carrying the ball better are both areas he can improve in.

Also, Need to also see if Saliba can run up the field with the ball as well as White can. You can be a progressive passer but carrying the ball is also important. Out of Gabriel & White, I think white did that well but I haven't seen enough of Saliba to know how good he is at that.

1 hour ago, Ser Glendon Fireball said:

with the Haaland money it's actually a bit awkward that BVB haven't been more active on the market

Dortmund did not actually receive that much money for Haaland. His release clause turned out to be lower than what was previously being reported (€60m rather than €75m). RB Salzburg also had a sell-on clause and got around €20m of the transfer fee.

eta. that report of Salzburg's sell on clause was from a dodgy source so might be nonsense. Dortmund have already spent the Haaland money on Haller and Adeyemi.

23 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Fuck.

I read today that Sir Alex went to Carrington to mediate between parties. If true, Ten Hag's plans are likely out the window and he'll need to find a new system.

Atleti is his (and our) last hope.

5 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

I read today that Sir Alex went to Carrington to mediate between parties.

Someone was just speculating without any actual info. May or may not be accurate. There was a board meeting today – both Ferguson and former CEO David Gill regularly attend board meetings as they are still non-executive directors.

25 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Atleti is his (and our) last hope.

I would say there's no chance of him committing treason in Madrid, but he showed absolutely no aversion to the idea of playing for Man City, so let's see.

If he does stay, it's going to be a nightmare for all concerned. Everything I've seen and heard convinces me that there is no place for a 37-year-old CR7 in anything Erik Ten Hag wants to do on a football pitch. Something will have to give.

Archived