Football: Transfers of Power

polishgenius

9 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

I would say there's no chance of him committing treason in Madrid, but he showed absolutely no aversion to the idea of playing for Man City, so let's see.

If he does stay, it's going to be a nightmare for all concerned. Everything I've seen and heard convinces me that there is no place for a 37-year-old CR7 in anything Eric Ten Hag wants to do on a football pitch. Something will have to give.

Ronaldo only cares about the glory of Ronaldo. If Atleti make him an offer, I expect he will force a move and not give a shit about his Real Madrid legacy.

One of the Atleti journos (Matteo Moretto) has reported that Atleti's board has not ruled out a move for Ronaldo but the club would need to offload players first and Ronaldo would have to take a significant pay cut because Atleti, like every other LaLiga club except Real Madrid, are struggling with the salary cap.

21 minutes ago, Darryk said:

I hope for Man U sake they manage to offload that plodding pillar of ego and narcissism.

Why would you want that? He makes them worse. And his continued presence will cause myriad problems for the new manager, as well as just creating a general stink of disharmony around the dressing room. 

Anyone who isn't a Manchester United fan should be praying he stays.

9 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Why would you want that? He makes them worse. And his continued presence will cause myriad problems for the new manager, as well as just creating a general stink around the dressing room. 

Anyone who isn't a Manchester United fan should be praying he stays.

I feel bad for my Man U-supporting mates.

1 minute ago, Spockydog said:

You should be laughing at your Man U-supporting mates.

To be honest the only club whose misfortunes I regularly laugh at are West Ham cause I just despise the collective of Neanderthals they refer to as their fanbase. The rest I see as rivals but don't really feel a need to take the piss.

46 minutes ago, Raja said:

I feel like Ronaldo being a bad idea was quite obvious before they bought him, and I think most people knew that, even united fans.

A small minority, perhaps. The overwhelming majority of United fans were glad to have him back.

Archived