Daenerys should come back in upcoming Jon Snow spin-off

BreathOfFire

2 hours ago, Crixus said:

Emilia Clarke said in a recent interview that she does not wish to do so. Doubt any petition would be effective in that case. She's obviously moved on: https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/emilia-clarke-reveals-if-she-will-return-games-thrones-spin-show-about-kit-haringtons-jon-sno-1150599 

In her own words: 'no, I think I'm done'. 

And who can blame her?

14 hours ago, SeanF said:

And who can blame her?

Indeed. With how they murdered her character, I'd tell people (or at least the HBO execs) to politely jump into a piranha tank if they asked me. 

Besides, there's no real stakes if the characters can be resurrected willy-nilly like MaRey Sue "Skywalker" (Screw you, Disney) Palpatine (HOW THE EVERLOVING F*** did PALPS do the wild thing?!)

But I digress. 

4 hours ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

Indeed. With how they murdered her character, I'd tell people (or at least the HBO execs) to politely jump into a piranha tank if they asked me. 

Besides, there's no real stakes if the characters can be resurrected willy-nilly like MaRey Sue "Skywalker" (Screw you, Disney) Palpatine (HOW THE EVERLOVING F*** did PALPS do the wild thing?!)

But I digress. 

I’d enjoy a confrontation between Jon and Bran/TER along the lines of Harry Angel and the devil at the end of Angel Heart, as he finally works out how he was played.

”Alas Jon, how terrible a thing is wisdom when it brings no profit to the wise…”

”I never betrayed Ygritte, and I never betrayed my people, and I never betrayed Daenerys.”

”I’m afraid you did Jon, under my direction, naturally.”

If Daenerys came back, it likely would not be a Jon Snow spin-off anymore, but a sequel show or a Season 9. 

Now, I doubt Emilia Clarke would come back due to how hurt she had been by what the show did to her character after all the years she put into it. If she wanted her own spin-off for reasons that Kit Harington might, I'd actually be interested to see that... maybe have her be resurrected and then learn the dark magics of a true Valyrian dragonlord, or even become Great Empress of the Dawn in the east and learn of Asshai'i magics... and/or try to atone for what she has done and find solace at the house with the red door.

Honestly, if there’s anyone who would be down for reshooting the last season of GOT, it’s probably Emilia. Firstly because she did put a lot of herself into the role and was clearly unhappy with how it ended, but also because she hasn’t really had much success outside of GOT (most of the young main cast hasn’t). It’s all but certainly never going to happen, but then again, we do live in a world where the Snyder cut exists.

On 7/7/2022 at 2:07 AM, SeanF said:

I’d enjoy a confrontation between Jon and Bran/TER along the lines of Harry Angel and the devil at the end of Angel Heart, as he finally works out how he was played.

”Alas Jon, how terrible a thing is wisdom when it brings no profit to the wise…”

”I never betrayed Ygritte, and I never betrayed my people, and I never betrayed Daenerys.”

”I’m afraid you did Jon, under my direction, naturally.”

The show should've ended with Bran being revealed as the real threat who is now in the ultimate position of power. 

On 7/15/2022 at 11:25 PM, Sotan said:

The show should've ended with Bran being revealed as the real threat who is now in the ultimate position of power. 

That actually would've and could've been a much better ending.

Granted, you would have had to go all the way back to season 5 or 6 (probably 5) in order to make such an ending work. But, as it stands, the idea of a good kid with dreams of knighthood who becomes an amoral (but not quite mustache-twirling evil) psychic puppetmaster who won the game would've made more sense.

2 minutes ago, BlackLightning said:

Granted, you would have had to go all the way back to season 5 or 6 (probably 5) in order to make such an ending work. But, as it stands, the idea of a good kid with dreams of knighthood who becomes an amoral (but not quite mustache-twirling evil) psychic puppetmaster who won the game would've made more sense.

Season 6 since Bran didn't show up in Season 5.

44 minutes ago, BlackLightning said:

Bran should've showed up in season 5.

That's part of the problem.

Tyrion: Bran the Broken should be king because he has the best story

D&D: Bran's story is so good , so we should leave him in the snow for an entire season.

On 7/19/2022 at 7:06 PM, BlackLightning said:

They could totally retcon it for the Jon Snow sequel like someone mentioned. What better internal conflict for Jon than knowing he got played and the real threat is his beloved little brother? 

16 hours ago, Sotan said:

They could totally retcon it for the Jon Snow sequel like someone mentioned. What better internal conflict for Jon than knowing he got played and the real threat is his beloved little brother? 

Frankly, I have a bunch of questions about a Bran kingship, not the least bit about whether he's medically or mentally capable of issue.

And an independent North precludes his sister's children from being his heirs.

6 hours ago, C.T. Phipps said:

Frankly, I have a bunch of questions about a Bran kingship, not the least bit about whether he's medically or mentally capable of issue.

And an independent North precludes his sister's children from being his heirs.

Bran has none of the attributes required of a medieval king.

I do think that his would be a sinister regime.  His partial prescience and his ability to warg into people would both be drivers of totalitarianism.  He could see anything he wanted, without being able to see everything, leaving him essentially flipping through recordings.

Archived