Happy Canada Day!

Fragile Bird

Once upon a time we did a lot of happy birthday and Happy 4th of July type threads. That sort of stopped. But right now I’m really feeling Canada Day, and feeling very happy to be a Canadian. 

So Happy Canada Day to all the Canadians out there, wherever you live! 

My Canada Day started very, very well!

I just caught a perfect, shiny Mewtwo, in the last Mewtwo raid in my neighborhood. Raid Bosses change at 10:00 am. Oh, right now. 

I am very pleased! Not just a Hundo (a perfect 100) but a Shundo, a shiny hundo! Glorious!

A Canada Day miracle!

Happy Cananda Day Birdie!

What's all this about?  

49 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I just caught a perfect, shiny Mewtwo, in the last Mewtwo raid in my neighborhood. Raid Bosses change at 10:00 am. Oh, right now. 

I am very pleased! Not just a Hundo (a perfect 100) but a Shundo, a shiny hundo! Glorious!

10 minutes ago, LongRider said:

What's all this about?  

In the darkness that is the white north raiding your neighbors is commonplace.

Mewtwo is Canadian for cat I believe. They have started the eating pets of other people because of the horrible state of their economy.

;)

10 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Once upon a time we did a lot of happy birthday and Happy 4th of July type threads. That sort of stopped. But right now I’m really feeling Canada Day, and feeling very happy to be a Canadian. 

So Happy Canada Day to all the Canadians out there, wherever you live! 

Although I'm not Canadian (increasingly...unfortunately, for me) I would like to wish everyone a Happy Canada Day as well!  I have always admired your wonderful country (and, of course, even more so these days).  I've greatly enjoyed what I've experienced of Canada and I definitely plan to experience more!:)

29 minutes ago, LongRider said:

What's all this about?  

Pokémon Go!

In Pokémon there are “legendary” Pokémon, and Mewtwo is the mightiest bad ass! The PG movie featured a storyline about how evil scientists created it. It looks like a very large purple-white cat with a light purple belly and tail. The creators of PG upped the collectibles by creating “shiny” versions, which are a different color from the regular versions. Shiny Mewtwo is much wanted, even if it has bad stats, with a bright green belly and tail.

Pokemon have scores out of a hundred, influenced by 3 numbers, their attack stat, their defense stat and their healing power. Top mark for each is 15. A 15-15-15 is a perfect 100. I caught a perfect shiny Mewtwo, and people are chuffed for me (and as they admit, happily jealous!).

1 hour ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Belated wishes of joy for your festivities.

Ah, Windsor and Detroit celebrated July 1 and July 4 together for decades! It’ was called the International Freedom Festival and started in 1959. They split in 2007 to create the Windsor Summer Fest and Detroit River Days, to celebrate the shops and parks in Windsor and the revitalized waterfront in Detroit.

The fireworks pull in crowds of 1,000,000+, and they are usually held on the Monday. I think it’s the largest fireworks display in North America. 

^^^^Having grew up near Lansing Mi, I was able to visit those fireworks years ago.

Eta: One of my favorite things Canada, is all the great music Canadians have shared with rest of N.America

NYoung,Rush,the Band, AlanisM,Joni Mitchell and many more.

Please continue w/ making the Rockers.

57 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Nickelback, Brian Adams, Justin Bieber. Please make it stop.

On the other hand, I kinda like Nikki Yanofsky.

My mind had been poisoned against Justin Bieber by Americans for years. I’ve recently become a big fan. Nothing wrong with Adams. Americans are just plain weird about Nickelback. I got invited to one of their concerts a couple of years ago and had a fantastic time. Someone tried to explain to me that all their songs sound the same. Well, fuck, so do a lot of artists’ songs.

Creedence Clearwater Revival’s lead singer had such a distinctive voice their former manager got a court order forbidding him to sing for years, because the manager owned CCR lock, stock and barrel and he convinced a court that the singer’s voice was so distinctive it would infringe in his ownership rights if he were allowed to sing. Think about that travesty.

33 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

It's almost like you're saying...

Wrong South Park clip for this thread tho. My inner troll wanted to go with Canada Appreciation Day or just annoy Birdy by pointing out, her thread being a bit early, since the 4th is on Monday. But I kinda felt bad making that joke, as that might become a reality in a couple of years. 

Archived