The Future of Edric Storm

joppakip

I just saw a video in which it was proposed that Edric Storm is in fact already with the Golden Company and Young Griff, and will be installed as the Lord of Storm's End and Lord Paramount of the Stormlands. I have never come across this theory before, but it does seem to make sense, as Edric has the legitimacy and could be influenced as he is young. It seems to make sense to me. 

Heres the link to the video - 

Any thoughts?

Well, "it just popped into my head" is not very solid evidence.  :^)  But it's an interesting possibility.

Warning: TWOW spoiler ahead.

Spoiler

We know from the TWOW preview chapters that the Golden Company apparently captured Storm's End quite easily.  According to Haldon, they did it by "guile" rsther than force of arms.  If they had Edic Storm with them, he might have been part of the deception. We know that he looked very similar to Robert and Renly at that age, so it's possible that someone in charge ar Storm's End was willing to bend the knee to him, or at least assist him in some way.

Other than that, this idea seems very speculative to me. Whoever has custody of Edric probably would not encourage him to join a sellsword company.

Edric Storm is a Baratheon bastard.  I would assume the lad is loyal to his father and would not bow to another.  He would put forth his claim if Stannis is dead.  But it could be interesting if Edric and Gendry were to fight each other for the lordship of Storm's End.  Say Gendry gathers followers and battles with Edric to the bitter end.  The one left standing will be given Storm's End by the Targaryen monarch.  

On 7/2/2022 at 1:21 AM, Aebram said:

Other than that, this idea seems very speculative to me. Whoever has custody of Edric probably would not encourage him to join a sellsword company.

I'm sure that's not what Davos had in mind when he sent him off with his 'kingsmen'.

It is interesting though that Edric has Florent ears and his pedigree is clearly written on his face. Maybe this will come in handy some day?  He's not Robert's oldest bastard, but he may be the oldest male and he's the only one (that we've seen that I can recall) who's mother was noble as well. His obvious parentage may make him 'good enough' when the various surviving lords are making compromises in the aftermath of the coming fights.

Or he's another dupe and we're going to get taken down the Edric garden road for a time and then Mel will burn him or he'll get greyscale or some other event will disqualify or outright end him. (Actually Storm's End seems like a dangerous place to put a guy named Storm, come to think of it)

Archived