Show vs books Jorah

Zzz_243

In the books, Jorah is a middle-aged, bald, unattractive man (although we are seeing him through Daenerys's POV), and his "love" for Daenarys is quite creepy considering that she is 13 at the start of the story. In the show, he is a very attractive man and his love for Daenarys is pictured more as a classical case of unrequited love. What do you think of this change?

1 hour ago, Zzz_243 said:

In the books, Jorah is a middle-aged, bald, unattractive man (although we are seeing him through Daenerys's POV), and his "love" for Daenarys is quite creepy considering that she is 13 at the start of the story. In the show, he is a very attractive man and his love for Daenarys is pictured more as a classical case of unrequited love. What do you think of this change?

They had some growth for Jorah in Season 7, where he seems to have accepted that he will never marry Daenerys and tells Jon to keep Longclaw to pass down to his children, a plot thread left dangling in the last season.

Jorah changes like maybe he's a character (perhaps like Jamie) GRRM switched gears on in the writing.  He starts out your basic groveling opportunistic gonna get home by licking Viserys' boots sorta guy.   But he's also smart and very tough.  He learned languages in Essos.  He became a knight in the North of Westeros.   Jorah is not your every day guy.  His goo goo eyes for Dani seems a pretty natural progression to me in the books.   He wanted to hitch himself to power that could return him home safely.  Had I been in his position I might have put the moves on Dani, too, consequences be damned.   He was, after all, the only one she could speak to in her own language.  The prospect of perhaps exercising power over Dani, getting better than Lynesse, gads who knows what else, was surely heady mind brew for this man without a country.

On 7/4/2022 at 11:56 PM, the Other Wolf said:

I remember a time when the show was not allowed to be discussed here. It is sad that the moderators gave up a long time ago.

Sorry, but I haven't seen a similar rule, like in the tv show section it's stated that you can't discuss about the book.

Archived