UK Politics: the moment of truth, or possibly untruth

mormont

5 hours ago, Darryk said:

You've got to admire the Brits. If their party leader is screwing up they just resign en masse.

Would never happen in the US.

Make no mistake none of them resigned for moral or principled reasons. They all knew exactly what BJ was when they picked him as their leader, and he's been exactly that from start to finish. This was pure political calculus to distance themselves from, and bring down a leader who'd become unpopular, to use him as a scapegoat for all the many sins of the Tory party and its culture and in doing so attempt to convince the electorate to forget that their government was more than just one man.

Some suggest the wedding party may be a blinder. Parliament goes into recess on July 21st, so if he stays on until the wedding bash there's no way for the 1922 Committee to meet and sack him as party leader until early October -- the committee can't sit if the MPs aren't present in parliament.

38 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

I understand Michael Green, Corrine Stockheath and Sebastian Fox have all tipped Grant Schapps for the top job

It would be like Orphan Black if all the clones were actually like Rachel.

35 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

It’s almost like a walk of shame

“Is anyone else fucking the prime minister?”

Bloody hell, the press has turned feral!

Channel 4 getting some payback?

Jesus, if this had been a comment from Heartofice about Yvette Cooper after a meeting with Starmer I’m betting deletions, warning points and admonishing posts would have followed within microseconds.

Larry continuing to show he's the only inhabitant of #10 who can actually get stuff done. Well, until he gets bored.

(not actually from today, unless Christmas has been rescheduled)

6 minutes ago, Hereward said:

Jesus, if this had been a comment from Heartofice about Yvette Cooper after a meeting with Starmer I’m betting deletions, warning points and admonishing posts would have followed within microseconds.

??? I’m commenting on the video. I’m not actuslly there asking if she fucked him

Just now, Derfel Cadarn said:

??? I’m commenting on the video. I’m not actuslly there asking if she fucked him

Didn’t you say “it’s almost like a walk of shame”? Sounds like an endorsement to me, and even if you said nothing, sharing misogynist material doesn’t generally give you a pass, does it? Or is this in the same category as fat shaming posts about Arlene Foster and homophobic comments about Gove? Totally fine cause they’re baddies.

1 hour ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

It’s almost like a walk of shame

“Is anyone else fucking the prime minister?”

Bloody hell, the press has turned feral!

Channel 4 getting some payback?

I like the way the chronon reads. What DOES the BBC understand?  I choose to read this that the BBC understands why Priti Patel would tell PM to resign.  Glorious.

So following the comparison path, is BoJo possibly going to face any criminal charges, especially if he's forced out quickly?

I will say one nice thing about him, I can respect a person who signs off with some kind of form of "shit happens." Can't believe he actually said "them's the breaks." What a stupid timeline we live in indeed.

Archived