UK Politics: the moment of truth, or possibly untruth

mormont

Rishi Sunak has launched his bid. His video looks suspiciously polished and comprehensive for a campaign one day old. Almost as if he’s been sitting on it for some time in anticipation 

You have to admire how many of them are humbly prepared to have their arms twisted by friends, to put aside any of their non-prime ministerial ambitions, in order to serve...

themselves.

4 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Paul Maynard supporting Sunak.

He looks like he’s been hypnotised by the Master…

(pic below)

Just out of curiosity, is Rishi also responsible for the record low unemployment in the US, the rest of Europe, and probably most of the developed world?  Or is that just a coincidence that it all happened at the same time?  Odd, much like how all those countries are also suffering from inflation, which must be due to Biden.

2 hours ago, Werthead said:

Meanwhile, this is a mildly terrifying slogan and power pose:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfwaYnDMXut/

Ready for Rishi? More like Rishi Rich! 

1 hour ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

I though Nadine Dorries trending on twitter as a potential candidate was a joke, but possibly not!

If they'll let any bozo run, then I too am announcing my bid for Tory leadership! 

Well, I'm Norwegian, not really a Tory (by a long shot) and really not interested in being a political leader. 

However, that last guy seemed to think the job was mostly about getting his ego stroked. Which seemed a good deal. So I can offer my services as the new PM.

Gosh both the UK an the USA have a bottomless barrel of cruel, stupid, ignorant, foolish, bigoted, racist, women haters, haters of everyone actually, who believe They are superior to everyone, entitled to rule everyone else --  because it's what They want.

1 hour ago, polishgenius said:

Sunak definitely made this decision on the spur of the moment

Rishi Sunak planning to fix the economy. 
I’ve every confidence he can fix the mistakes made by the last chancellor, who was…

Rishi Sunak. 

13 hours ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Steve Baker: “If I seize power…”

Bit of a red flag

His leadership campaign lasted about as long as some recent ministerial careers since he has now announced he is withdrawing his candidacy and is inexplicably backing Suella Braverman instead.

Archived