UK Politics: the moment of truth, or possibly untruth

mormont

1 hour ago, Raja said:

What a car crash lol

The problem here is that you have someone who thinks 'I was qualified and capable enough to be Attorney General, there's no reason why I can't go further'. Which is a perfectly logical conclusion based on a sadly completely untrue premise.

Braverman, like a lot of government ministers in the last decade or so, was absolutely not qualified or capable enough to be even barely competent at the basics of her job. She was selected purely for political and ideological reasons. She should never have been anywhere near the running for the job of Attorney General, let alone Prime Minister, and now we're seeing that more clearly. We see it right through this field of candidates, to be quite honest. Tax dodgers, bluffers, one actual professional con man, and a range of people who'd be out of their depth running a coffee morning, every one of them arguing about who will cut tax more and who hates trans people more and not a word about the fact that millions of us will struggle to heat our homes this winter.

Scunnered with the lot of them.

10 hours ago, Heartofice said:

Michael Gove has thrown his weight behind Kemi Badenoch, which is a bit of a surprise. I tend to quite like her, I like the way she talks on issues and she will be a good minister in the future, she seems young and inexperienced though (for some reason it seems shes 42, I thought she was about 25! I need some of what she is taking) and so I doubt she would actually get it. 

https://inews.co.uk/news/michael-gove-backs-kemi-badenoch-to-be-the-next-prime-minister-1734747

Ah glad we have our own anti-woke warrior back. I mean, that is essentially her gig.

5 minutes ago, Raja said:

I was watching sky news & the anchor was like 'Mordaunt has had to edit the video because it showed a convicted murderer' :wideeyed:

It feels like an insignificant point compared to the whole murderer thing, but he also wasn't British.

The 1922 committee seems determined to get through the initial stage of the leadership contest as quickly as possible with it being whittled down to the final two by the end of Thursday, possibly in attempt to try to stop the leadership candidates embarrassing themselves even more.

Graham? C'mon on now. He is just a spineless, craven, opportunistic sycophant. 

8/10 Tories gunning for the PM job right now are at least as bad, if not worse.

Fabricant is an odious weirdo. He is Ted Cruz levels of repulsive.

8 hours ago, Raja said:

I was watching sky news & the anchor was like 'Mordaunt has had to edit the video because it showed a convicted murderer' :wideeyed:

Also another paralympian athlete (and maybe others?) in the video without permission told her to remove them.

6 hours ago, williamjm said:

The 1922 committee seems determined to get through the initial stage of the leadership contest as quickly as possible with it being whittled down to the final two by the end of Thursday, possibly in attempt to try to stop the leadership candidates embarrassing themselves even more.

Hopefully they’ll put the candidates into the Squid Games to whittle them down

Archived